WnSoft Forums

sending a show

targa912

Hi! I am doing a show for a friends b-day. I'm running out of time. Need to send a done dvd by thurs night. Show is done as far as slide order, music and duration. Dvd player is a new Sony. Haven't used it yet. If I should have problems making a dvd, can I make an exe file and send it to the bday man's wife using Sendit or some such program? It's a surprise and must be there by Saturday afternoon so I have a little time. My other problem is I will not be hooked up with high speed internet until late thursday. New house. So experimenting time is limited. Any suggestings greatly appreciated!

Bob W

Hi! I am doing a show for a friends b-day. I'm running out of time. Need to send a done dvd by thurs night. Show is done as far as slide order, music and duration. Dvd player is a new Sony. Haven't used it yet. If I should have problems making a dvd, can I make an exe file and send it to the bday man's wife using Sendit or some such program? It's a surprise and must be there by Saturday afternoon so I have a little time. My other problem is I will not be hooked up with high speed internet until late thursday. New house. So experimenting time is limited. Any suggestings greatly appreciated!

Bob W

Hi Bob,

You should have no real difficulty in producing a DVD with PTE beta 8u using the Video builder, but because of your limited time scale I reckon that you will be better off just sending the slide show .exe file (providing that your recipient has a computer to play it on because it will not play on a DVD player)

You can easily 'zip it up' and either send via 'Yousendit' or burn it to a CD and use good old 'snail mail' (Post).

Another thing to be aware of, is that a PTE.exe file will be much better quality than you will get from a DVD player.

Ron West

Guest Techman1

Bob,

If you decide to send the PTE.exe file to your friend and you are using Version 5 (Beta), make sure your friend's PC has a Video card with at least 32mb of RAM. You could create a small test file using Version 5 and send it to them prior to sending the large version just to test.

I recommend the DVD if at all possible because they probably have a larger TV Screen than they do a PC Monitor (just a guess). Ron's right about the quality being better on the PC, but the lastest versions of PTE (DVD Builder) the quality is very good.

Good luck and I hope your new high speed link comes in fine and your Sony DVD "Burner" works without issue.

Regards,

Fred

Bob,

If you decide to send the PTE.exe file to your friend and you are using Version 5 (Beta), make sure your friend's PC has a Video card with at least 32mb of RAM. You could create a small test file using Version 5 and send it to them prior to sending the large version just to test.

I recommend the DVD if at all possible because they probably have a larger TV Screen than they do a PC Monitor (just a guess). Ron's right about the quality being better on the PC, but the lastest versions of PTE (DVD Builder) the quality is very good.

Good luck and I hope your new high speed link comes in fine and your Sony DVD "Burner" works without issue.

Regards,

Fred

So far all went well. I created an exe file, uploaded to yousendit and the people dl it with no trouble. She said it looks good! I'll know Sunday. I did experiment with the dvd on a portion of the show. Just wouldn't have had time to get it to the people in time. Using PTE 5 I had no trouble making a dvd. I'm very happy with PTE 5. Looking forward to full version of 5 but for me the beta version does all I need.

Bob W