WnSoft Forums

Registration Key NOT WORKING - HELP!

tabyrd

I followed all of the instructions, dowloaded key from email attachment and tried to load. Says Invalid Key. I tried renaing it to pte.key, reg.key, etc. but it is still not working. I emailed support, but have not heard back. There is no phone # to call so I am not happy abou that! If anyone can provide mw with assistance I would REALLY appreciate it!

(BTW the .txt file has noting in it when I open it in Notepad.)

Thanks,

Terri

Tabyrd,

It sounds like your file may have been corrupted. What size is it? The proper "key" file should be exactly 231 bytes in size. Igor will probably come to your rescue - however it is now the weekend over there, and you may not hear from him until Monday. Be patient - this problem will be resolved. :)

Al, thanks for the reply. Unfortunatly I can't wait till Monday. I was trying to use Adobe Album to make a slideshow, but am having problems with it. SO I decide to get PTE. I have an event tomorrow night that I must have a slideshow for. Without the right key I cannot get it done.

I am considering ordering another copy and asking to be reimbursed on Monday. THe file they sent was only 1kb, so it is definatly corrupted. I ordered it around 1pm today and replyed immediatly to support about the problem.

Any opinions about purchasing again and asking for a refund for the first one that failed?

Thanks,

Terri

Terri, I have not heard of anyone buying twice as you suggest, but it sounds like it might be worth it in your case. It may turn out to be a bit of hassle on the refund part. I'm sure Igor (the PTE owner/author) would be willing, but I have no idea how the arrangement works with the "fulfillment" company that actually takes your payment. If you do buy again, I'd suggest you also make a copy of the email you receive - just in case the corruption of your key might have happened after you received it last time.

I am considering ordering another copy and asking to be reimbursed on Monday. THe file they sent was only 1kb, so it is definatly corrupted.

Terri,

Windows Explorer will show a small file like that as 1 Kb, but if you right-click on it, and select properties, you will see it's true size (less than 1 K.) If it shows 231 bytes (not Kb), then it is probably OK. Just put it in the same folder as the rest of PTE and double-click on it and it will install the key into the registry.

Terri,

This may help you:-

At the bottom of that received EMail will be a long string of characters, example shown below:-

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PTE]

"Key"="0vFigforSbp0YX8UaQY26EI941QAX44NxdzKUnGgvWColxNa3kNjFZpt...............

Copy and Paste the whole thing into "Notepad" (save as) and place that within the PTE Program Folder

and 'restart' your PC. That should do it for you.

Brian.Conflow