WnSoft Forums

VIGILANCE

Conflow

VIGILANCE

I know that this is strictly "off-topic" but in consideration of whats happened to "Dominique" and the

erasure of his valuable Web-Site may I ask all members to be particularily vigilent when Logging-On

to the Forum. May I suggest that Members look at the 'Forum Members & Guest Listing' at the end of

the Opening Page and look for "Unauthorised Members" within that Listing and report same.

The "Attachment" shows an Unauthorised Member logged in as alias 'Google.Com' and whatever

he was up to god only knows ~ and lets be honest, our Forum has been attacked many times in the

past and perhaps its time that we take steps to protect ALL our interests and simple vigilance would

do exactly that.

Brian.Conflow.

(Attachment)

post-1416-1176595150_thumb.jpg

Gentlemen,

Google SHOULD NOT BE IN THE PAID MEMBERS LIST if anything thats an 'invasion' of the Forum Members Sector and who know's whether thats Google or not ? ~ furthermore what Moderator Permissions have been granted to this "Google" (if any) if it be Google at all ?. I have no objection to genuine Google being a Guest Visitor to our Forum, I'm sure they would be more than welcome ~ but 'breaching' the Members List is a bit much to accept. Why not give them a Membership Number at least then they can be identified ???

The point being, how many more 'Unauthorised Members' are allowed access rights to Post what they like, when they like without Moderator(s) supervision. Here I speak for myself as a Member and I shall say that I am concerned for my Computer(s) Security when these activities take place without being challanged.

Brian.Conflow.

The point being, how many more 'Unauthorised Members' are allowed access rights to Post what they like, when they like without Moderator(s) supervision. Here I speak for myself as a Member and I shall say that I am concerned for my Computer(s) Security when these activities take place without being challanged.

Brian.Conflow.

Isn't there a way to require accurate ID along with an accurate way to check the person's credentials, for anyone wanting to post? I would not be opposed to full disclosure. There must be a way to protect against such devient behavior!

larry

Isn't there a way to require accurate ID along with an accurate way to check the person's credentials, for anyone wanting to post? I would not be opposed to full disclosure. There must be a way to protect against such devient behavior!

larry

Larry,

Many thanks for your support on this issue, you have taken the words out of my mouth and I am sure there

are other Members that consider likewise as we do. Certainly some concrete assurances are called for ~ for

in the final analysis all PTE Members would benefit, perhaps Igor may contact Invision about these concerns.

Brian.Conflow.

Tom,

Many thanks for your full explaination concerning 'Bot's & Spiders' ~ and from your Mail its apparent that

you are in the WebMaster end of things concerning the Net.

We at Conflow are associated with Micronetworks Ltd and yes I fully understand where you are coming

from concerning Google. But as you well know Google requires 'Owners permissions' to engage in these

activities and if a Meta-Tag has been placed in the 'Forum Members Section' instead of the Home Page

(where its supposed to be) then this leaves the Forum wide open to all types of 'phishing' all not necessarily

'innocent' as we are all led to believe ?

I can't say for certain if this is genuine Google, or a Google Employee, or an 'Invision Board' artifact,

or a utility in use for WnSoft Inc.

The fact that this untracable 'Anonymous Member' can gain access to Members Profiles ~ that's the issue.

Myself and others who have contacted me 'off-list' ~ feel that clarification of this issue is urgently needed.

Brian.Conflow.