WnSoft Forums

Change of Screen Size

chas merry

Hi,

I have several PTE presentations made with a image size of 1024 x 768 x 72 which completely filled my Desktop PC's monitor. I have now purchased a Dell laptop with a 17" monitor. The shows still fill the viewing area, but are distorted, (elongated) to fit.

I have tried different resolution settings within the display driver, but to no effect.

Can anyone tell me how to display the shows at the 4:3 ratio to avoid the elongated effect?.

Do I now have to resize my images to a different resolution for future PTE shows?

Any help / advice would be most welcome.

Regards

Chas

Hi,

What version of PTE are you using to create your slideshows?

Did you happen to create the slideshows in ver 4 with the "fit to screen" option enabled and now you have a new laptop with a 17" widescreen? It's been awhile since I have used ver 4, so I'm only guessing.

I would try recreating the slideshows using ver 5 beta 9+ using 4:3 format for the desktop and 16:9 or 16:10 for the laptop.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. I am using version 4.40. Within the "Project Options" under the "Screen Tab" I have the "Full Screen Mode" box checked and "% of screen to show slide images" set to 100%.

Can anyone tell me what "Windowed Mode" is used for and also what does the bottom section of the Screen Tab titled "Background" do?

As you can probably tell I am fairly new to this, so apologies if these appear to be silly questions.

Regards

Chas

Chas

windowed mode is when the show is not "full screen" - it has a "windows type " border around it.

when experimenting i used to use windowed mode all the time so i could see what show i was viewing - see the top border

in the "old" days when some us did not know what we were doing we relied on all sorts of "cheat sheets" btw - i still dont know :)

i would update to 4.48 asap

http://www.wnsoft.com/

ken

post-16-1177273233_thumb.jpg

post-16-1177273271_thumb.jpg