WnSoft Forums

How to delete/remove animations from a slide?

mhwarner

I put some animation on a slide (for instance, I changed the mode from "Fit to Slide" to "Original" on a slide). Then I exited "Objects and Animations" window and went back out to main window. Decided I didn't want any animation on that slide. If I go back in to "Objects and Animations" the undo button is of course no longer available. Yes, I can change the mode to whatever I want, but there should be a way to say: "Return to default, no animation for this slide. Just pretend it is a new slide added to the list and that I have never opened the "Objects and Animations" window."

If I delete the object itself, then all I see is a black background in its place when I preview the slide show. This is a simple example of course, but what if I have played with some animations, moved the slide around, rotated, resized, etc. Now I decide that none of that works and I want the original slide back (again, after I have exited "Objects and Animations" so that the undo button no longer works). It seems I have to go to the Animation tab and click on each of the labels to return my slide to its original position and then go to the "Common" tab and manually undo any changes, like Mode, I might have made there.

If I am customizing music or transitions on a slide I can simply uncheck the "Use Customized Settings for this Slide" box and it will return to default settings. This would be nice for animations also. If this functionality is already there and I have missed it, I would appreciate it if someone could point out where it can be found. Thanks.

PS While I have followed the advances made to version 9 closely for the last year, I haven't had the time to do much experimenting with it. Now that most of the features I need to produce slideshows for my customers are available (I have used 4.48 and earlier versions for quite a long time), I am definitely "wowed" by the capabilities. For instance, I added a scrolling text animation to one of my slides using the text in "objects and animations". It was a bit plain for my tastes, though, so I simply "rasterized it to PNG", took it into Photoshop, added a bevel and drop shadow (yes, I know P2E can do the drop shadow but it was a style I already had preset), resaved the PNG and inserted it as an object. Just a few minutes work for a lovely effect. Igor and his staff are absolutely amazing! Thank you for a wonderful product.

And thanks, too, to all the folks who participate here and unselfishly provide assistance to those of us who might be clueless at times, as well as to those who share their ideas and examples for implementing the cool new features available.

Hi Mayy,

The quickest way I know to get rid of any animation is simply delete the keypoints. Since everything in the way of animation happens between keypoints, deleting kepoints on the timeline for the individual object leaves you with the starting condition of the object.

Lin

I put some animation on a slide (for instance, I changed the mode from "Fit to Slide" to "Original" on a slide). Then I exited "Objects and Animations" window and went back out to main window. Decided I didn't want any animation on that slide. If I go back in to "Objects and Animations" the undo button is of course no longer available. Yes, I can change the mode to whatever I want, but there should be a way to say: "Return to default, no animation for this slide. Just pretend it is a new slide added to the list and that I have never opened the "Objects and Animations" window."

If I delete the object itself, then all I see is a black background in its place when I preview the slide show. This is a simple example of course, but what if I have played with some animations, moved the slide around, rotated, resized, etc. Now I decide that none of that works and I want the original slide back (again, after I have exited "Objects and Animations" so that the undo button no longer works). It seems I have to go to the Animation tab and click on each of the labels to return my slide to its original position and then go to the "Common" tab and manually undo any changes, like Mode, I might have made there.

If I am customizing music or transitions on a slide I can simply uncheck the "Use Customized Settings for this Slide" box and it will return to default settings. This would be nice for animations also. If this functionality is already there and I have missed it, I would appreciate it if someone could point out where it can be found. Thanks.

PS While I have followed the advances made to version 9 closely for the last year, I haven't had the time to do much experimenting with it. Now that most of the features I need to produce slideshows for my customers are available (I have used 4.48 and earlier versions for quite a long time), I am definitely "wowed" by the capabilities. For instance, I added a scrolling text animation to one of my slides using the text in "objects and animations". It was a bit plain for my tastes, though, so I simply "rasterized it to PNG", took it into Photoshop, added a bevel and drop shadow (yes, I know P2E can do the drop shadow but it was a style I already had preset), resaved the PNG and inserted it as an object. Just a few minutes work for a lovely effect. Igor and his staff are absolutely amazing! Thank you for a wonderful product.

And thanks, too, to all the folks who participate here and unselfishly provide assistance to those of us who might be clueless at times, as well as to those who share their ideas and examples for implementing the cool new features available.