WnSoft Forums

PROBLEM WITH NAVIGATION BAR

destudio

Two fold problem. I am not sure what version I was working on 4.7 or 4.8. At any rate, when I go into Program Options -> Advance->click on Navigation Bar.

I then set it, by removing the print option and checking do not print option. I hit OK. That should be it, right? Well when I run the Preview and/or Create the show then play it, there is NO navigation bar. What is the answer to this.

ALSO...I downloaded the .5beta version. It overwrote my old version. I am not sure I wanted it to do that. Sooo???

please email your responses.

thanks

Annette

I was working on 4.7 or 4.8. At any rate, -- ver= HELP/ABOUT

in the 4 series you have to check the box to show navbar -- see screenshot

navbar not enabled in the 5 series as yet

ken

Thanks so much Ken. I figured out what my problem was. Simple fix once I made my files smaller..their layer hid the layer with the tool bar..DUH..can u tell I am a newbie?? Thanks!

...navbar not enabled in the 5 series as yet...

ken

About 8 days ago, I put up a concern in the Bug Report Forum that I could not get the Nav Bar to work in the new Beta 5.9. I have been frantically trying all kinds of ways to see if I could get it to work, since no one chimed in to tell me otherwise. Finally someone else came up with the same problem in the regular Forum. So it seems, if I am not mistaken, the Nav Bar does NOT work yet in the latest Beta...??? To me, it is a very critical and useful function.

I hope I got it right now... Gary

Hi Gary,

The navigation bar will be enabled in beta 10 which should be out any day now. It is not enabled in beta 9u or previous betas. Betas proceed and new features are slowly added to facilitate debugging. Version 5 release is tentatively slated for about one month from now with "all" the features enabled. If you read the forum regularly Igor announces the features which will be available in each beta release. Here is a link to the latest statement:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6485

Lin

About 8 days ago, I put up a concern in the Bug Report Forum that I could not get the Nav Bar to work in the new Beta 5.9. I have been frantically trying all kinds of ways to see if I could get it to work, since no one chimed in to tell me otherwise. Finally someone else came up with the same problem in the regular Forum. So it seems, if I am not mistaken, the Nav Bar does NOT work yet in the latest Beta...??? To me, it is a very critical and useful function.

I hope I got it right now... Gary

Hi Gary,

...The navigation bar will be enabled in beta 10 which should be out any day now...

Lin

Thanks, Lin, for the info. I do read the Forums every day in great anticipation of the next version. Hard to keep track of what's happening but I know lots are happening. It's a great program and I guess I am just sitting at the edge of my seat waiting for the whole enchalata to be released!!! Thanks for the clarification. Gary

Hi Gary,

The Navigation bar is working fine now with beta 10. I have posted a demo to show one way it can be used as well as a way to create a "menu" to "jump" to any slide from any slide. There is both a zipped executable demo and a PTE with explanation on this link:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6512

Lin

Thanks, Lin, for the info. I do read the Forums every day in great anticipation of the next version. Hard to keep track of what's happening but I know lots are happening. It's a great program and I guess I am just sitting at the edge of my seat waiting for the whole enchalata to be released!!! Thanks for the clarification. Gary