WnSoft Forums

PICTOEXE No Music

hbrecher

Prior to buying my new computer with WinXP Pro I never had a problem creating PicToExe Projects with music.

Although I create the projects exactly the same way as before on my previous machines with XP home edition, the finished

projects do not play the music.

Note: CD's made on my earlier machine DO play nicely on my new machine, it's only the projects made on the new machine that cannot play on the new machine.

Another Note: There are no other music problems on my new machine; music CD's andn other forms of music play fine, it is ONLY the sound tracks on the NEW PicToExe projects that do not play.

What might be preventing the sound from working under the above circumstances?

:(

Thanks, Hugh

What version of PicturesToExe you currently use?

I think the problem in incorrect device choosed as primary device for sound output.

Please check settings in Control Panel -> Sound and audio devices -> Audio tab.

Try latest v5.00 beta 10:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (4 MB)

Good question. I have several versions stored in my downloads directory from ver 4.2 to ver 4.8. I have tried 4.8 and 4.2. The result is the same with each...no music. Each project was created properly in all regards. The only difference that I can think of relates to the fact that the machine is new and is running WinXP Pro. The earlier machine was WinXp Home edition. The program ran fine when I was using Win98 Second edition on the previous machine before upgrading to XP home where it continued to work normally.

Do you know if their are any "default" settings in XP PRO that might be interfering here? The new machine has dual core processing, could this be interfering at all?

I just don't know where to look for more clues. Any ideas?

Oh, I will try the latest v5.00 beta 10 later today. I will post the results here.

Thanks for your input, it is appreciated.

Hugh :unsure:

Good question. I have several versions stored in my downloads directory from ver 4.2 to ver 4.8. I have tried 4.8 and 4.2. The result is the same with each...no music. Each project was created properly in all regards. The only difference that I can think of relates to the fact that the machine is new and is running WinXP Pro. The earlier machine was WinXp Home edition. The program ran fine when I was using Win98 Second edition on the previous machine before upgrading to XP home where it continued to work normally.

Do you know if their are any "default" settings in XP PRO that might be interfering here? The new machine has dual core processing, could this be interfering at all?

I just don't know where to look for more clues. Any ideas?

Oh, I will try the latest v5.00 beta 10 later today. I will post the results here.

Thanks for your input, it is appreciated.

Hugh :unsure:

Bingo! Excellent! The v 5.00 Beta 10 version did the trick, the music option is working fine with the Beta.

Thank you for the quick cure. Now I must get familiar with the other options.

Question: Is there a way to save my own preferred settings so that the various projects are set the same

way they were when I last used them? This way I can keep adding pictures, text, comments, etc while

all else remains the same. I would like to be able to create my own defaults. Is this possible?

Thanks again, Hugh