WnSoft Forums

Version 4.48 to Version 5beta11a

I know that for a project created in 4.48 to work in version 5, it must first be opened in 5 and then re-saved. This has worked fine for normal slide show projects. However, some time ago I made a tutorial for making a PTE Organiser Menu' that required extensive use of the old 'Project Options' facility, e.g. transparent buttons. When I open this project in version 5 all sorts of unexpected things start to happen and it seems that it is not going to work for me. I was hoping that I could convert the 'Organiser Menu' to version 5 but it seems that I must re-build the thing from scratch. I hope that I wrong and that one of you (cleverer than I) guys will come up with a suggestion or two.

One other question, will version 4.48 remain in its current form when the final release of version 5 is made?

Ron

Hi Ron,

I have just done this with an Early V4 Version Menu containing 8 slideshows here is what I did.

First made a copy of V4 menu folder renamed new folder to Menu V5.

Opened the V4 pte file from this new folder in PTE . Go to SAVE AS and save as same name.pte as old version.

will ask if to over write clik yes. then go to. CREATE SLIDESHOW AS and save EXE file and save as same name.exe as in old version will again ask to overwrite click yes.

Now in PTE with MenuPage open Go to O&A screen > Customize Slide > Main > Run External Application and link to your EXE file.

Mine worked perfect Ron and I also still have my old V4 Menu just in case, one thing I did have to do in V5 was rename the Buttons to my slide show names and move the button around as for example my first slideshow

appered at first to be useing Button 5 I just renamed in position that they came in then moved them to my positions later.

Hope this helps Ron I am not good at writeing Tutorials so hope you can understand it.

Ray

Hi Ron,

I have just done this with an Early V4 Version Menu containing 8 slideshows here is what I did.

First made a copy of V4 menu folder renamed new folder to Menu V5.

Opened the V4 pte file from this new folder in PTE . Go to SAVE AS and save as same name.pte as old version.

will ask if to over write clik yes. then go to. CREATE SLIDESHOW AS and save EXE file and save as same name.exe as in old version will again ask to overwrite click yes.

Now in PTE with MenuPage open Go to O&A screen > Customize Slide > Main > Run External Application and link to your EXE file.

Mine worked perfect Ron and I also still have my old V4 Menu just in case, one thing I did have to do in V5 was rename the Buttons to my slide show names and move the button around as for example my first slideshow

appered at first to be useing Button 5 I just renamed in position that they came in then moved them to my positions later.

Hope this helps Ron I am not good at writeing Tutorials so hope you can understand it.

Ray

Hi Ray,

I am not sure that we are talking about the same problem here. Did you ever see the 'Organiser Menu' I am talking about. Originally made by Ken Nickles.?

Hi Ray,

I am not sure that we are talking about the same problem here. Did you ever see the 'Organiser Menu' I am talking about. Originally made by Ken Nickles.?

Hi Ron,

Not that I can remember Ron, If you could point me to a link I could have a look at it.

Sorry about that.

Ray

utilitie section

http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/index.asp?ca...2&view=View

PTE Organizer

File Size: 23.6M

By: sknickles@sbcglob...

Download Count: 967

Author's Notes

Author's PTE Presentation Notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Presentation Name: PTE Organizer

Contributor: Ken Nickles

Contributor's Email: sknickles@sbcglobal.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:

ken

utilitie section

http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/index.asp?ca...2&view=View

PTE Organizer

By: sknickles@sbcglob...

Author's Notes

Author's PTE Presentation Notes

Presentation Name: PTE Organizer

Contributor: Ken Nickles

Contributor's Email: sknickles@sbcglobal.net

Notes:

ken

Thanks a lot for that ken, I dont know what we would all do without you on this Forum.

All the best Ray