WnSoft Forums

Tips about Music and Loading Older PTE Files

Lin Evans

Perhaps this is not a problem for everyone, but I loaded one of my older PTE files done in Beta 5 into Beta 12 to change motions to smooth from linear. Everything worked perfectly except on the first slide which I had set to 80 seconds with about 12 objects all doing different things, the timing suddenly changed and the slide would not run for more than 40 seconds. Also some text was scrolling at a completely wrong time. If I manually advanced by dragging the blue arrow on the time-line, the timing was perfect. Deleting the time from the "customize this slide" Main Tab and entering another value then saving did nothing. Re-entering the 80 seconds did nothing to solve the problem.

The problem was solved when I removed the three MP3 selections, saved the PTE file and re-opened it. Everything worked perfectly. I reloaded the three MP3 selections and the timings as well as the text scroll was perfect. But until I actually deleted and saved, then reopened PTE it would not function correctly. Something about the sound card (Audigy SoundBlaster) and the MP3's as encoded with PTE beta 5 was simply not compatible with beta 12. I tried Beta 11A and it had the same issue until I removed the music, saved and then reopened and reloaded the music.

So the advice is, that if you are having problems which seem very strange in terms of display times with an older PTE file and you have music, try removing the music, saving the PTE then get out of PTE and re-open the file and reload the music and save again. Worked for me!

Lin

The problem was solved when I removed the three MP3 selections, saved the PTE file and re-opened it. Everything worked perfectly. I reloaded the three MP3 selections and the timings as well as the text scroll was perfect. But until I actually deleted and saved, then reopened PTE it would not function correctly. Something about the sound card (Audigy SoundBlaster) and the MP3's as encoded with PTE beta 5 was simply not compatible with beta 12. I tried Beta 11A and it had the same issue until I removed the music, saved and then reopened and reloaded the music.

Lin

Lin... I have an Audigy2 soundcard also and have been experiencing some strange behavior, too. I created a new show in Beta 12. Many times, when I start the shown from "Start show from the current slide", the show would basically freeze. Usually, I would get frustrated and hit the left or right arrow keys in the keypad and the show would immediately start. I was wondering if you have experienced this with Beta 12. I have been working with Igor to see if he can resolve this problem and I just sent him your paragraph where you indicate your problem with the Audigy SoundBlaster card. Do you think it might be the sound card that is causing my "delay" problem??? Thanks... Gary

Hi Gary,

I haven't experienced this, but the PTE file I loaded which was originally saved in beta 5 had the strange issue I explained. Unfortunately I did the dumb thing of saving the "fix" under the same PTE name in beta 12 as I was experimenting so I can't duplicate the problem now. I should have zipped the whole thing and then could have sent it to Igor so he could trace the problem. I'm now searching through other older PTE files to see if I can reproduce the problem, but so far having no luck finding another which demonstrates this strange behavior associated with the sound files.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin... I have an Audigy2 soundcard also and have been experiencing some strange behavior, too. I created a new show in Beta 12. Many times, when I start the shown from "Start show from the current slide", the show would basically freeze. Usually, I would get frustrated and hit the left or right arrow keys in the keypad and the show would immediately start. I was wondering if you have experienced this with Beta 12. I have been working with Igor to see if he can resolve this problem and I just sent him your paragraph where you indicate your problem with the Audigy SoundBlaster card. Do you think it might be the sound card that is causing my "delay" problem??? Thanks... Gary