WnSoft Forums

Cannot make an AVI file for DVD show

Gracie

Hi there....I'm hoping someone can help me out....I did a search and didn't come up with anything. :( When I follow the instructions to create an AVI file to burn a video to DVD I'm coming up with this error:

Cannot create file C:/windows/system32/pte.video.dll

Acess violation at address 0052FE55 in module 'apr.exe' read of address 00000010

Now don't laugh.....I've crashed our computer before so my husband has limited my user commands to void this...so I'm wondering since I regsistrared and loaded Pic2exe under my user name, could that be the problem? I'm clueless and desparate because I have some clients waiting for their DVD slideshows. :(

WOW Ken...thank you! I learn something new everyday! :P

OK....here ya go:

Micosoft Windows XP Home

Memory: 504 MB Ram

Page File: 381 MB used 846 MB available

Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.8GHz

And I can't find the graphics card info....any idea where to look?

Gracie,

Click on the "Display" tab when you run dxdiag and you will find the information about your video card.

Lin

WOW Ken...thank you! I learn something new everyday! :P

OK....here ya go:

Micosoft Windows XP Home

Memory: 504 MB Ram

Page File: 381 MB used 846 MB available

Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.8GHz

And I can't find the graphics card info....any idea where to look?

Hi Gracie,

If you have any anti-virus or spyware software running, temporarily turn it off. You can do this by pressing CTRL ALT DEL simultaneously. When the Windows Task Manager pops up, clicl on the "Processes" tab and look for the name of the anti-virus software then highlight it and click on "End Process". If you don't feel comfortable doing this maybe ask your husband to help. Once you have the anti-virus disabled, try to create the AVI again.

What it sounds like to me is that something is preventing PTE from making the necessary file in the System 32 folder. I'm not certain, but trying won't hurt anything. If you are concerned about a virus threat while you are doing this, disconnect the computer from the cable or router or whatever is connecting it to the internet.

When you are finished testing, then just reboot the computer and it will reload the antivirus software. Then plug it back to the internet and tell us what happened.

Lin

Ken,

I have Nero but when I go into Pic2exe to create the temp avi file, it won't let me...it says what I wrote in the opening post and it freezes up my computer.