WnSoft Forums

Run Application - Where does P2E look?

dpearcePNG

I'm trying my first menu application with Pictures2EXE. It works great and worked the first time. Yeah!!

However, being the ex-Quality Assurance/Software tester that I am, I tried to trip it up. I moved the two executables to a different directory and it still worked! So my question is, since I specified the fully qualified path ("C:\temp\Pictures\Demo.exe") in the project and then moved the EXE files to another location (they no longer existed in the previous location) and it worked, how does P2Exe locate the file to run? Does it use the current working directory first?

On another similar front: I did a hex dump of the menu EXE and saw paths specified to a Buttons directory. I renamed the directory and the EXE still worked flawlessly so it would seem to not be needed. So is the fact that the button path is in the EXE just a leftover?

In case you missed it, I couldn't confuse P2Exe, it worked perfectly. :P I would just like to be able to understand how it does it's great work.

Dave