WnSoft Forums

Pan Zoom in Static Frame Size in fixed Window - Possible?

googull

This in regards to new v5 Beta 16.

I recently posted my challenges with getting smooth pans during transitions. I've decided the best approach for me is to use smaller images so the slide show runs in less than full screen. So I want the show to run in a window 1024X768 with blue background and shadow behind slide image - all is good. So I want the slide frame to cover 90% of the window - hence the frame should be approx 921 X 691. Because I want to use zoom/pan I will size my images at 1024X768 giving me 10% motion flexibility without getting too small or panning beyond the limits of the frame. Here's the challenge now, when I use pan/zoom or moves the entire frame - not the image in the frame. So I can't seem to find a way to matte around the image (if you will) with a fixed frame that crops my images so as the zoom and pan the frame size and position stays fixed. I've tried every combination of MODE settings (cover slide, original, fit to slide) against each of the project settings (disabled/enable scaling, windowed mode, full screen, etc).

Is there a way to set the slide show window size - then set the frame size in that (shadow under frame) that I can then pan and zoom images in the frame without the frame size changing?

Thanks -

Carl

Carl,

Not sure whether I completely understand your problem but can you not make the required frame in Photoshop. This would have the blue background and frame for the images to appear in etc. Load this into a slide position. Now add your image, making sure that the frame is at the top and the image is underneath. No you can zoom/pan etc the image and it will be masked by the frame.

Jeff

Jeff - Thanks for the reply - it was just the push I needed. I can make two clipping "frames" in Photoshop - one for portrait and one for landscape using transparent center and png file export. I guess I'll need to load this on top of every image or is there a way to apply it universally? (Putting an image on top of 357 photos will take me a long time and then I need to do it again for 800X600 screens.)

I kept trying to take advantage of universal background and drop shadows inside V5 and also kept trying to get the FRAME object to preform the desired clipping. It would be great addition to have a clipping (cropping) frame object built into the product.

Thanks again.

Carl