WnSoft Forums

Buttons in v5

ksf

Using version 4.48 I was able to create menu screens with numerous buttons to run a number of different shows, returning to the menu after each sequence.

I was able to choose how high and how wide I wanted each button to be, as well as selecting the font, font size, and font style I wanted the text to be on each button.

I have just tried to create a simillar menu using animated buttons within v5 (I'm using beta 18) and while I appreciate the various button styles that have been provided (esp. Deep Aqua) I cannot find anywhere that lets me decide the width and height of the buttons or change the font size.

Am I missing something obvious here or are these options no longer available for us to set?

If I understand right you are looking for a "universal" or default setting? If not, each button's size can be set in one of two ways. You can either simply drag the bounding rectangle until the size is suitable, or you can do that then look at the zoom numbers and duplicate them for each button.

The "problem" for me is that if the text lies on the button itself, the button will change sizes depending on the "quantity" of text characters. For example, if you have the default word "Button" on the button, it will be larger than the same button with the simply the letter "B" on it. So you can't change the font size directly, except by choosing a different font, but you "can" make the text on the button invisible then add your own text which you can size as you did the button with the bounding rectangle. The you can set set the text to an "action" if you wish.

It's a bit kludge, but is a work-around. It would be nice if there were a way to simply set a default size for all buttons and change the font sizes to keep the same button font but use a smaller font size for longer button I.D. text. It's something I asked about in an earlier post but Igor has been very busy with trying to get version 5 out so we may have to wait until the first upgrade for him to address this question.

Best regards,

Lin

Using version 4.48 I was able to create menu screens with numerous buttons to run a number of different shows, returning to the menu after each sequence.

I was able to choose how high and how wide I wanted each button to be, as well as selecting the font, font size, and font style I wanted the text to be on each button.

I have just tried to create a simillar menu using animated buttons within v5 (I'm using beta 18) and while I appreciate the various button styles that have been provided (esp. Deep Aqua) I cannot find anywhere that lets me decide the width and height of the buttons or change the font size.

Am I missing something obvious here or are these options no longer available for us to set?

It's useful to note, too, that you can use "shift-click" on the "handles" to change just the width, or just the height of the button.