WnSoft Forums

5.0 Pre Release

fitzner

:angry: Ok, could not get this 5.0 release to work at all so for now I took it off and went back to V 4.48. Knowing fully that I could not anyway use the pan/zoom because my computer was just to slow so I thought well I will try out any new and improved features on the slower engine. I looked and looked but I could not find out where the switch for the slower version but then maby this 5.0 Delux version is not fully activated yet. So I will wait for the completed version in a week or two.

I just thought assuming that I could run the slower version for us slower computer guys that I know how to get around and I did see some differences but sometimes I just like to have my pictures click one after another and that was gone. So I will just wait for next week.

Harry :blink:

Harry,

Sorry, but I didn't understand what exact problem you experienced.

Did Pan/Zoom effects work very slowly, or something else?

Why you tried to find a way how to enable "slow engine" (without hardware acceleration)? It's not necessary. Version 5.0 activates slow CPU based graphical engine automatically if it sees that no enough fast video card installed. Simple effects like Fade in/out should play ideally as in v4.48. Of course, Pan/Zoom effect will play slowly with CPU based engine, modern video card operates with graphic in hundred times faster than CPU.

No need to manually disable "Use hardware acceleration" option (Screen tab in Project options), because PicturesToExe automatically manages it (excluding special rare cases with menu slide show). Just add images, adjust simple effects and create EXE or start Preview.

Please also let me know details of your PC (version of Windows) and what video card installed?

My computer is a win98se and I know that the graphics card will not support the new program. I tried months ago and it is very slow and flutters and jerks.

Harry

post-1883-1181504608_thumb.jpg

Harry,

The PC you describe makes me think that this PC is a Laptop Portable with a 2 or 3.Gig Hard Drive.

The configuration is definitely as used by 'older' Acus and Acer and Hyundai Laptops using the old

Intel Mxx 300/400 Chipsets with a locked Bios System ~ thats not to say your's could be a Desktop

PC with the same Chipset configuration ?.

The PC is indeed a 98.Se (Old OEM version A) ~ the 1st in the series of '98se Systems and if it has

a USB Port it will only handle USB 1.1 limited to external devices up to 256Mb.

The PC will handle Pte 4.48 quite well provided you have (minimum) Direct X 8.0 installed and

provided you "shut-down" any Anti-Virus Programs which "hog" the '98se Memory resources.

In our Workshops we maintain 2 of these "older" '98se for Data-Logger Programs and other

Machine Programs for our clients.

I regret to say that this version of '98se will not run PTE 5.0xxx (we tried it) and it only runs the

(inbuilt) alternative 4.48 Engine with great difficulty ~ However it will run the origional 4.48 quite

happily provided you do as stated above.

Brian.Conflow.

P.S Just seen that Igor has released a modified version of Pte 5.0xxx ~ we have not tried that !

IGOR

Harry is running directx 7 according to his screenshot -- will that not affect his shows

thought you always say to have latest 9.0c?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

ken

I do run the origional 4.48 just fine and with my virus still operating so that is what I will do until I get the new computer from my "Som-in-Law" I already have the tower and awaiting for him to put the mother board etc in. Not really knowing what kind of video card he will install and at this point I am not really sure what video card for him to get. I can't be too choosey as it is a gift to me and wife. He did say it will be very powerful with HD in the gigs and the RAM will be also in the gigs.

I am very patient with all this as we all are with the new 5.0 fina coming soon. This was hard work for Igor and his crew and the "Pan/zoom" is what I always wanted. When that day comes I will download the latest "Tutorial" for learning the ins and outs and will be just fine.

Pray for me as I am going in for yet another operation for my "Incontenance" problem after a year for my cancer prostate operation. Thank God for FREE VA ADULT DIAPERS. I apologize for any ladies reading this so please forgive!!

HARRY

you visit the forum daily or as often as you can and "RAT" read all threads:) - -because the forum is the best tutorial you can get -- make notes or shortcuts to reference problems/answers

take care with them diapers:)

we are all wishing you well

ken

Harry,

With your help I found the bug with Windows 98 in time (it could be terrible discover it after publishing of version 5.0). Also we'll add vast optimization of transition effects in this second CPU based graphical engine.

We'll prepare new Pre-Release build on Wednesday.

I believe that all will be work and you will feel better!

Harry,

With your help I found the bug with Windows 98 in time (it could be terrible discover it after publishing of version 5.0). Also we'll add vast optimization of transition effects in this second CPU based graphical engine.

We'll prepare new Pre-Release build on Wednesday.

I believe that all will be work and you will feel better!

Thank you "Admin" and all who were reading this thread. Should be back f rom the VA Monday and No I do not have a lap top but a desk top.

Harry

Harry,

Please try updated Pre-Release version:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe.zip (4 MB)

We fixed those problem with Windows 98 and slow graphical engine.

Igor,

:lol: Hey, works fine. I will have to get used to the slides for effects as the fades are a little jerky but probably an adjustment I need to make :D

Thanks for checking this out for me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harry