WnSoft Forums

DVD burning

neil

Hello,

Could someone please tell me if it is normal that the quality of a show will always be degraded when burned to a DVD and if so if it makes any difference : a) between DVD-R and DVD-RW

B) a well known make or cheapest in the supermarket.

Thanks Neil

Hello,

Could someone please tell me if it is normal that the quality of a show will always be degraded when burned to a DVD and if so if it makes any difference : a) between DVD-R and DVD-RW

B) a well known make or cheapest in the supermarket.

Thanks Neil

Hello Neil,

I hope someone can answer your Questions as I am getting the most awful results,yet CD for Computer is wonderful quality, I am finding it awfully dissapointing.

Tommy

The quality of a DVD show is independent of the particular medium, -R or -RW, and of the make of DVD. A DVD either plays or it doesn't, i.e. some DVD players have trouble reading burnt discs.

As far as the show quality goes, the end function of a DVD is to be displayed on a TV screen, and the definition of TVs is quite poor compared with a good computer monitor. For 625-line PAL, only about 550 lines are visible on the TV screen, the remainder taken up with teletext data etc, and the 'flyback time'.

550 lines is little better than 640 by 480 quality as on earlier monitors, far inferior to todays monitors, and the parameters used to produce a show for TV will give a much poorer picture than an exe show from the same set of images.

HDTV is another story, yet to arrive here (NZ), but how DVDs will go on that is moot at this time.

Colin