WnSoft Forums

Disk Burning error

photoamateur

Guest Techman1

Philippe,

Hello. Did you try what the message indicated, "reducing your burn speed" during the DVD Burn Process? Are you using the most current version of PTE v5.01? Have you been able to burn DVD's previously using other software?

Please let us know a little more about the problem and I'm sure someone will be able to offer some additional advice.

Regards,

Fred

I was using v.5.0 not 5.01 and yes I burnt DVD's before usung another software - and I was alreasy at the lowest speed.

Got another reply from 'administrator' suggesting I reboot, reinstall and try again .. guess I will have to do that. It's just that the process is quite long, given the lenght of the presentation. Maybe I will test it with a smaller presentation first.

Will let you know

Thanks, Philippe

Well, I tried again with no posotive result. I uninstalled V5, rebooted. Installed V5.01 and ran the Video Builder again, but I got the same message (Disk Burn error).

Any other siggestions ??

thanks, Philippe

Philippe,

Hello. Did you try what the message indicated, "reducing your burn speed" during the DVD Burn Process? Are you using the most current version of PTE v5.01? Have you been able to burn DVD's previously using other software?

Please let us know a little more about the problem and I'm sure someone will be able to offer some additional advice.

Regards,

Fred

Philippe

see

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....amp;#entry42914

you have to have a lot of free space available on your drives

so in my case there has to be lots of free space on the c drive to burn an 18 min show

likely +- 2gb according the above link

for pte shows i am set up to use

C:\Documents and Settings\pbyk\Local Settings\Temp\

but when copying a full dvd i have to use another drive to be sure i have enough freespace -- 4 to 5 gb

FUTURE VB SHOULD CHECK THE SYSTEM AND ADVISE IF ALL PARAMETERS ARE MET BEFORE STARTING THE ENCODE PROCESS

ken

Philippe,

To help you better ... how about posting a few details so we can get a better idea on your burn issue ?

Show size (time length)

Disk brand and type ( dvd-r, dvd+r ... +rw ... etc)

DVD Burner (brand, model)

DVD Burner program (brand, version)

Hard Drive free space available (mb or gb)

Have you tried using different Disk brands and types after the failed burn attempts ?

ok guys, here are some details:

Show size (time length)

- The show is 45 mins, but I tried with a reduced 5 minute version and got the same problem

Disk brand and type ( dvd-r, dvd+r ... +rw ... etc)

- I tried with Verbatin, RCA and generic

- I trien RW and R, both +

DVD Burner (brand, model)

- it's a HP, came with Media Center computer

DVD Burner program (brand, version)

- The Sonic Digital Media Plus v7 works fine, it's the WnSoft Video burner that does not. I actually made a a DVD with Sonic - but then why bother purchasing the WnSoft burner ?

Hard Drive free space available (mb or gb)

- 64 GB free on drive (not sure if it's all available in C:\Documents and Settings\philippe\Local Settings\Temp\)

but I also tried it with buffer going directly to C:\Temp\

- Working with Pentium ® Dual core 2.80 GHz and 3 GB RAM

PS Someone changed my posting to the right section (DVD Video, etc) and Igor actually replied to me asking the same. He said they would look into it on Monday. If you have any other suggestion in the meantime, go right ahead.

Thanks all, Philippe

Guest Techman1

Philippe,

Hello again. I was the one that moved your thread to this part of the forum. That way it didn't get lost in the other part with no and/or limited responses.

To try to isolate this problem further, you might use Video Builder to create an ISO file and see if it goes to completion. Then use that ISO file with your Sonic software to burn a DVD. If that works, then may help Igor and team to resolve where the problem is. I had done this several times in earlier versions and it works. I know this doesn't address the Video Builder direct burn problem, but it may get you a working DVD copy and will help in isolating the problem down.

I have an older HP DVD burner and I can only burn 8x or lower DVD disks. If I use 16x DVD disks they will not burn correctly. On my newer DVD burners, I have no problem with DVD media above 8x. Just thought I would pass that along.

Your system over all is far superior to what I'm using, so other than the potential physical DVD burner, you shouldn't have a problem there.

Anyway, good luck and I'm sure Igor & team can help sort this out for you.

Regards,

Fred

• 2 weeks later...
Philippe,

Hello again. I was the one that moved your thread to this part of the forum. That way it didn't get lost in the other part with no and/or limited responses.

To try to isolate this problem further, you might use Video Builder to create an ISO file and see if it goes to completion. Then use that ISO file with your Sonic software to burn a DVD. If that works, then may help Igor and team to resolve where the problem is. I had done this several times in earlier versions and it works. I know this doesn't address the Video Builder direct burn problem, but it may get you a working DVD copy and will help in isolating the problem down.

I have an older HP DVD burner and I can only burn 8x or lower DVD disks. If I use 16x DVD disks they will not burn correctly. On my newer DVD burners, I have no problem with DVD media above 8x. Just thought I would pass that along.

Your system over all is far superior to what I'm using, so other than the potential physical DVD burner, you shouldn't have a problem there.

Anyway, good luck and I'm sure Igor & team can help sort this out for you.

Regards,

Fred

I have same (and more) issues as Philippe.

On attempting to burn I get same error message about losing contact with Burn.exe

I also have oodles of gigs on all my disks free (and tried all combinations of 'where' to save/build etc)

Attempting to create an ISO also fails (different error message) as does attempting to create an M2P file (which actually attempts to create an MPG file.. too low quality???)

I have latest full (deluxe) V5 download.

My attempt is only 8mins long.

It has actually worked once (in 17 attempts).. but DVD quality is very poor (imagine an old VCR tape copy, 'captured' to DVD). Much worse than eg Ulead home packages like DVD Pictureshow adn vastly inferior to ProShow Gold.

I get reliable DVD burning with Nero and with ProShow Gold.

Also I cannot individually customise a slide.. as soon as attempt to preview it bombs video card/driver [flashing diagonal stripes]. Only cure is full reboot. No other program/test do this at all. (nVidia 7200 PCIE with latest drivers; machine is dual core Intel 6600, 2GB RAM and total spare 240GB hard disk space across 3 drives).

My impression of V5 is it it is rather 'clunky'; still produces best EXE for use on PC.. but leaves a lot to be desired for true multi-media.

I will perservere (well.. I've paid!) as my local photoclub prefers EXEs.. but for home/family/weddings etc DVDs I suspect I'll have to continue paying for ProShow as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I have had exactly the same problem as Philippe - the burn fell over in the last 2%. I am trying to go down the iso route, and have found the bit in Video Builder to use, I think. (Later that day....) Having struggled a bit, I now have managed to find and burn the iso file (confusingly, this is under the option, 'copy dvd' in Roxio). The quality of the visuals when I play the dvd is not good - not as sharp as the project running in Pictures to Exe, and although it plays in Windows Media player it does not autorun, though it autoruns on my Mac laptop. How can I improve the quality of the visuals? Can I get it to autorun on a pc, or does this depend on how the pc is set up? And, will Video Builder do the whole job for me in the end? Sorry to ask so many questions - I am very new.....