WnSoft Forums

Safe area and comments

tpe

I have just tried out version 5 and all seems ok so far, but one problem seems to be that any comments I add end up out side of the video safe area and therefor not on the screen on my TV.

The best place for my comments (actually just the slide number) is bottom left - under a landscape format pic and to the left of a portrait pic.

Other than adding a border to a pic and embedding the number (as my old practice), any ideas?

Hi Dave,

In Project Options, Comments Tab, just move the "Offset" slider to the right to about 13, click on "set for all slides" and that should take care of the problem for you. Be sure you have the "safe area" revealed by clicking on the "Tools" in the Objects and Animation screen the check the "show safe TV zone" to see the border. Your actual text position will be revealed above the "border" which represents the boundaries of the TV screen.

The "Offset" is designed just for this purpose.

Best regards,

Lin

I have just tried out version 5 and all seems ok so far, but one problem seems to be that any comments I add end up out side of the video safe area and therefor not on the screen on my TV.

The best place for my comments (actually just the slide number) is bottom left - under a landscape format pic and to the left of a portrait pic.

Other than adding a border to a pic and embedding the number (as my old practice), any ideas?

Hi Dave,

In Project Options, Comments Tab, just move the "Offset" slider to the right to about 13, click on "set for all slides" and that should take care of the problem for you. Be sure you have the "safe area" revealed by clicking on the "Tools" in the Objects and Animation screen the check the "show safe TV zone" to see the border. Your actual text position will be revealed above the "border" which represents the boundaries of the TV screen.

The "Offset" is designed just for this purpose.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks for the fast reply Lin, and on a Sunday too

That works fine

Cheers

Dave