WnSoft Forums

Show Spawns Viewer

romaee

Just started with PixToExe, my new slide show (300 + jpg) spawns the external image viewer (PhotoElements) on the fifth or sixth image (different image) in the show - both in 'preview' and from the 'exe' file. No effects, sound, titles. System is Windows XP. Any ideas? (it is a 1 gig file, I'm uploading it for external access now).

Hi Peter,

I'm not 100% clear on exactly what is happening. Do you mean that when the slideshow reaches a particular slide some other program (PhotoElements) opens and stops the show?

Lin

Just started with PixToExe, my new slide show (300 + jpg) spawns the external image viewer (PhotoElements) on the fifth or sixth image (different image) in the show - both in 'preview' and from the 'exe' file. No effects, sound, titles. System is Windows XP. Any ideas? (it is a 1 gig file, I'm uploading it for external access now).

Yep - the show procedes to slide 5 or 6, then the default 'viewer' starts up, and the screen defaults to the 'viewer' - I close the 'viewer' and the slide show continues. If I leave the 'viewer' open, and go back to the slide show, it procedes normally from that point.

Peter

Hi Peter,

I'm not 100% clear on exactly what is happening. Do you mean that when the slideshow reaches a particular slide some other program (PhotoElements) opens and stops the show?

Lin

Hi Peter,

That's a strange one. Are you using 5.0 or 4.48? There is a provision for calling external files from within PTE so the first thing I would do is look to be certain that nothing is being called on a particular slide. Examine slide five and six by looking for an "action on mouse click". Frankly, I don't think this is the problem because you haven't said anything about using the mouse but it's worth a look.

Is your default viewer active on startup? If so you might try closing it to see if it's somehow being called. Another possibility is to remove these two slides and see what happens. You can save the show under another name to experiment with then delete these two files and see if the problem persists. If not, introduce them one at a time and see what happens. It's really an unusual situation I've not experienced myself and really never heard of happening before but it will be interesting to find the cause and solution.

Best regards,

Lin

Yep - the show procedes to slide 5 or 6, then the default 'viewer' starts up, and the screen defaults to the 'viewer' - I close the 'viewer' and the slide show continues. If I leave the 'viewer' open, and go back to the slide show, it procedes normally from that point.

Peter

Peter,

Just a simple suggestion:- Some Image Viewers (like Image Editors) have an function in their 'Set-Up Options'

to make that Program the "de-facto" Viewer for your PC.

Its worth while opening the Viewer Program and going into its 'Options Window' and see if there is an "ticked"

option Box whose title would be something like...Always on Top or Default Viewer or Select as Default Viewer.

Untick this and everything should be O.K.

Its worth a look-see...

Brian.Conflow.

Lin;

Thank you for helping.

Using 5.0 - deleted first seven images, then re-inserted them, works fine!

However, throughout the slide show, a number of images are not 'playing' - sequences without one specific inserted image - any reason for this?

Peter

Hi Peter,

That's a strange one. Are you using 5.0 or 4.48? There is a provision for calling external files from within PTE so the first thing I would do is look to be certain that nothing is being called on a particular slide. Examine slide five and six by looking for an "action on mouse click". Frankly, I don't think this is the problem because you haven't said anything about using the mouse but it's worth a look.

Is your default viewer active on startup? If so you might try closing it to see if it's somehow being called. Another possibility is to remove these two slides and see what happens. You can save the show under another name to experiment with then delete these two files and see if the problem persists. If not, introduce them one at a time and see what happens. It's really an unusual situation I've not experienced myself and really never heard of happening before but it will be interesting to find the cause and solution.

Best regards,

Lin

Brian - must have been something in the sequence itself, deleting and replacing solved the problem, besides, gotta have a 'default' viewer otherwise 'control w' won't work!!

Peter

Peter,

Just a simple suggestion:- Some Image Viewers (like Image Editors) have an function in their 'Set-Up Options'

to make that Program the "de-facto" Viewer for your PC.

Its worth while opening the Viewer Program and going into its 'Options Window' and see if there is an "ticked"

option Box whose title would be something like...Always on Top or Default Viewer or Select as Default Viewer.

Untick this and everything should be O.K.

Its worth a look-see...

Brian.Conflow.