WnSoft Forums

Image Quality burning from ISO file

romaee

Went through entire compile to burn process, didn't have a DVD disc in the drive, drive popped open when I clicked 'burn', put in blank DVD, program informed me that it was finished! Luckily I had generated an ISO file, burned DVD in Nero Express - quality a great disappointment - images blurry and tending to dark, definitely inferior to slide show. (all JPG original).

Have done good quality DVDs (looked better than VHS originals!!) with this combination of software, drive and DVD media...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Peter

Hi, Peter,

I find I have excellent results with the Video Builder facility in PTE - better than with Nero, even. (Of course it helps if you put in a blank DVD first! ;) )

I'll try to do it right the next time. Watched the DVD on tv monitor, quality acceptable.

Peter

Hi, Peter,

I find I have excellent results with the Video Builder facility in PTE - better than with Nero, even. (Of course it helps if you put in a blank DVD first! ;) )

Guest Techman1

Peter,

I've found that the quality on a stand alone DVD player & TV is very good from my slideshows. I typically create ISO files from PTE and then use Nero to burn them to DVD. That way if I want multiple copies later, it only takes a few minutes.

The other thing I've noticed when playing DVD's on PC's, the quality really depends on the DVD player software installed on the PC. Some software does an exceptional job and others the images are like you said. Typically blurry and not too great.

Anyway, I'm glad that your results are now acceptable.

Regards,

Fred

The other thing I've noticed when playing DVD's on PC's, the quality really depends on the DVD player software installed on the PC. Some software does an exceptional job and others the images are like you said. Typically blurry and not too great.

Fred, which DVD player software gives you the best results? Also which ones should we stay away from?