WnSoft Forums

PTE V 5.0 - How do I pan and zoom slides?

Bill Artman

Hello;

I started using PTE 5.0 a couple of days ago. I am trying to make my slides pan and zoom during the slide show but I can find anywhere in the project options how to do this.

Can some one please help me? Thanks - have a great day!

Hi Bill,

Just a "quickie" on this - there are a number of elementary "tutorials" written by a few of us until we get a unified user's guide finished. I'll link you to another thread where you can link to the PDF's.

Essentially you go to the Objects and Animations screen. Change the display time for the display of the individual image first by clicking on the "Customize Slide" then the "Main Tab". Once you have the time set to more than the four second default, go to the timeline (blue at the bottom) and put your mouse cursor just under the horizontal line which divides the blue portion and right click. From the resulting menu choose "add keypoint". Click on the added keypoint and drag it to the right or left to reach the actual time where you want the pan or zoom or rotate to end. Next click on the black arrow in the small blue box at the top of the screen between "Paste" and "Close" and change the percentage to something like 25% so you can see fully the bounding green rectangle surrounding your image. Click on one of the little "boxes" such as the one at the center, hold down the left mouse cursor and "drag" the image to make it the approximate size you wish. Click inside this and drag the image into the position you want for either a zoom or a zoom and pan.

Be sure you have clicked on (highlighted) the second keypoint before doing this. Wherever you leave the image is where it will zoom or pan to. You can enter as many keypoints and changes as you wish. The closer the keypoints the faster things happen. Experiment....

Click on the link below and scroll down to get links to some elementary PDF explanations.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6959

Best regards,

Lin

Hello;

I started using PTE 5.0 a couple of days ago. I am trying to make my slides pan and zoom during the slide show but I can find anywhere in the project options how to do this.

Can some one please help me? Thanks - have a great day!

Lin;

Thanks very much for your help. I will read the information you mentioned. Have a great week!

Bill

Hi Bill,

Just a "quickie" on this - there are a number of elementary "tutorials" written by a few of us until we get a unified user's guide finished. I'll link you to another thread where you can link to the PDF's.

Essentially you go to the Objects and Animations screen. Change the display time for the display of the individual image first by clicking on the "Customize Slide" then the "Main Tab". Once you have the time set to more than the four second default, go to the timeline (blue at the bottom) and put your mouse cursor just under the horizontal line which divides the blue portion and right click. From the resulting menu choose "add keypoint". Click on the added keypoint and drag it to the right or left to reach the actual time where you want the pan or zoom or rotate to end. Next click on the black arrow in the small blue box at the top of the screen between "Paste" and "Close" and change the percentage to something like 25% so you can see fully the bounding green rectangle surrounding your image. Click on one of the little "boxes" such as the one at the center, hold down the left mouse cursor and "drag" the image to make it the approximate size you wish. Click inside this and drag the image into the position you want for either a zoom or a zoom and pan.

Be sure you have clicked on (highlighted) the second keypoint before doing this. Wherever you leave the image is where it will zoom or pan to. You can enter as many keypoints and changes as you wish. The closer the keypoints the faster things happen. Experiment....

Click on the link below and scroll down to get links to some elementary PDF explanations.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6959

Best regards,

Lin