WnSoft Forums

Running a Loop

Tramsteer

I am a camera club secretary and we will be running an exbhibition with an audio visual slide show made up of p2exe slide shows created and excecuted separately by members, then saved onto the club's laptop hard disc. Is it possible to link them into a loop so that one simple operation will run a large number of shows without constant start ups.

If I was creating a number of my own slide shows (a.v.) then obviously I would create one long show and excecute to hard disc. However I have been sent these shows as individual efforts.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Regards John @ tramsteer

Go to the Advanced tab in Project Options and check the box marked 'run application after last slide'. If you had, say four slide shows called Fred.exe, Jim.exe, Paul.exe and Hazel.exe, you would put Jim.exe here and this would run Jim's slide show. Once you got to the last show, you would put Fred.exe to create the loop.

Obviously you would need access to the .pte files in order to do this.

• 2 weeks later...
I am a camera club secretary and we will be running an exbhibition with an audio visual slide show made

Hi John,

Since you "probably" don't have access to all the PTE files, you can do it by creating an "invisible menu" as per my instructions here:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6834

Essentially you add as many insignificant small slides to a new PTE show as you have sldeshows you want to "loop". Then from each slide you call a new slideshow but you make the slides in the "menu" invisible by setting each to zero opacity. Then you set the attribute of the "menu" to "repeat until esc is pressed" and simply run the invisible menu which calls each slideshow in succession then "loops" itself and begins all over.

Very important: set the menu's hardware acceleration off......

Lin

up of p2exe slide shows created and excecuted separately by members, then saved onto the club's laptop hard disc. Is it possible to link them into a loop so that one simple operation will run a large number of shows without constant start ups.

If I was creating a number of my own slide shows (a.v.) then obviously I would create one long show and excecute to hard disc. However I have been sent these shows as individual efforts.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Regards John @ tramsteer

I've done this for exactly the same reason as you John.

Have a look here for "Daisy Chaining" several PTE EXE shows.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7005