WnSoft Forums

lost of transition effects

XJUN

I am a new user of PTE. When I creat my first PTE slide show, the transition effect I picked always get disabled starting at the fifth slide. I tried in default mode, and even pick the transition in the customize slide box for the fifth slide, but the problem still exist. The total size of the EXE is 291 MB. Could anyone help me on this issue. Thanks a lot!

Try temporarily removing the fifth slide then try again and see if it still gets disabled on the fifth slide. It sounds much as if there is a problem with that particular image.

Could you say which version you are using, the operating system, video card type and amount of video RAM? It's difficult to diagnose without some more details, but the first two things to try are to first remove the fifth slide and if there is any music, remove that as well. Once you determine whether it's an image issue you can proceed with other tests.

Lin

I am a new user of PTE. When I creat my first PTE slide show, the transition effect I picked always get disabled starting at the fifth slide. I tried in default mode, and even pick the transition in the customize slide box for the fifth slide, but the problem still exist. The total size of the EXE is 291 MB. Could anyone help me on this issue. Thanks a lot!

I am using PTE version 5. I tried to remove the fifth slide as you described, but the problem still exist. And I also removed the music, that didn't help. As for the video card., the best I can tell is Win 32, but I didn't know the mount of RAM.

Guest Techman1

Observer,

Welcome to the forum. As Igor suggests, your image sizes may be too large. Can you try reducing your image sizes (maybe try 1024x768) and then run the show. 291 MB is large for some slideshows. How many slides are actually in your show?

Please provide some additional information and I'm sure someone here on the forum can assist further.

Good luck,

Fred

I am having the same problem. Do I have to reduce image size externally, or can I do that in PTE?

To the best of my knowledge you need to do this externally.

See: http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7014

I use the batch process in Photoshop if I am reducing a large number of images.

• 5 weeks later...
It may happens if you use large images with close interval between slides. PicturesToExe tries to keep synchronization and skips transition effects.

Solution:

- Reduce images

- Or set longer interval between slides.

Thank you Admin1, you have just solved my problem. I am a new user of PicturesToExe and was having the same problem of the transition effects apparently not 'sticking'. Changing the interval between slides has fixed the problem, and I can understand how changing the image size would achieve a similar result.

However, it seems to me that the timing for the interval between images is inaccurate. To achieve an actual interval of, say, 5s, I have to set the interval in PicturesTo Exe to something approaching twice the desired time, nearly 10s. These figures are estimates, not necessarily accurate, but the discrepancy between the actual time and that set in the program is quite noticeable.

Can you, or anyone, confirm the timing set in the program is accurate, or otherwise.

Don

Hi Don,

The math for the timings is very precise, so when timings do not work as expected it is nearly always a resource issue. The case is usually that there are images too large for the video card to process in the time period selected. If you could try your show temporarily with only about five images and reduce them in file size for the test to no larger than 1200x1600 I think you will find that the timings between slides and the display times are quite accurate.

If you test this, please get back an let us know the result. Also could you say which video card, processor and operating system you are using.

Best regards,

Lin

The math for the timings is very precise, so when timings do not work as expected it is nearly always a resource issue. The case is usually that there are images too large for the video card to process in the time period selected. If you could try your show temporarily with only about five images and reduce them in file size for the test to no larger than 1200x1600 I think you will find that the timings between slides and the display times are quite accurate.

If you test this, please get back an let us know the result. Also could you say which video card, processor and operating system you are using.

Hi, Lin.

Thank you for your reply. I will try the test you suggested with a small number of images and let you know what I find, but my first reaction is to question the quality of the 'down-sized' images. Reducing the size of an image and saving it as a JPEG file involves two processes that affect image quality: the size reduction and the creation of a new JPEG file. Are you suggesting that as a matter of course one should reduce the image size when using PicturesToExe? I understand that any loss of picture quality is probably not going to be very noticeable, if at all, but I am always careful to maintain as much of the original picture information as I can when processing images.

The system information you asked for is as follows:

Operating System: MS Windows XP Home Edition

CPU: Intel Celeron, 800MHz

Memory: 384MB

Video Card: NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64, 32MB RAM, Resolution 1024x768x85Hz

Don

Hi, Lin.

Thank you for your reply. I will try the test you suggested with a small number of images and let you know what I find, but my first reaction is to question the quality of the 'down-sized' images. Reducing the size of an image and saving it as a JPEG file involves two processes that affect image quality: the size reduction and the creation of a new JPEG file. Are you suggesting that as a matter of course one should reduce the image size when using PicturesToExe? I understand that any loss of picture quality is probably not going to be very noticeable, if at all, but I am always careful to maintain as much of the original picture information as I can when processing images.

Hi Don,

It's "definitely" a resource issue. PicturesToExe takes advantage of the video GPU (Graphical Processing Unit) to allow animation and very smooth and beautiful transitions, but it does take some video power to do this with larger images. Both your motherboard and video card and even RAM are quite marginal for running large slides in an animation. Typically, a 32 meg card is pushing the envelope for getting decent results without very careful care given to resource management. The 800 mhz processor would struggle with as would the 384 meg RAM and just running Windows XP is a load for this combination.

I would not have any images for my slideshow any larger than about 1200x1600 at most. 1024x683 or 1024x768 would be ideal. You don't want to alter your original images, just resize them in Irfanview or Photoshop (Irfanview is free) and save them under a different name so you don't alter the originals at all. This way you will be able to run your slideshow and still save the original high resolution images for the time when you upgrade your system.

Best regards.

Lin

The system information you asked for is as follows:

Operating System: MS Windows XP Home Edition

CPU: Intel Celeron, 800MHz

Memory: 384MB

Video Card: NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64, 32MB RAM, Resolution 1024x768x85Hz

Don

Lin,

I've tried resizing the images for my slideshow and checked the timing, as you suggested. I tried a short interval and then a longer interval. In both cases the timing appeared to be accurate. While doing these tests I investigated the 'timeline' - that was another lesson learned.

Thank you for your help.

Don