WnSoft Forums

How set up "run application after last slide"

XJUN

I have three slide shows that I want to play them together. but I don't know how to make it work in PTE 5. I went to slide option/ Advanced tab/ and check the box for "run appliaction after last slide. and then use browse window to pick the slide show I want to run next (exe file). I check the ? box, but I don't understand it. Also I tried in customize the last slide by selecting "run external appliaction", but that didn't work either. Could anyone give me some help. Thanks a lot!

Do you mean you want to play them in sequence, one after the other? Or do you want a menu so you can choose which one to play? Do you want them to play on your computer, or are you trying to run them on a DVD.

The executable files must be located on your drive where the program can find them. It's easier if you put them all in a single folder.

Lin

I have three slide shows that I want to play them together. but I don't know how to make it work in PTE 5. I went to slide option/ Advanced tab/ and check the box for "run appliaction after last slide. and then use browse window to pick the slide show I want to run next (exe file). I check the ? box, but I don't understand it. Also I tried in customize the last slide by selecting "run external appliaction", but that didn't work either. Could anyone give me some help. Thanks a lot!

Do you mean you want to play them in sequence, one after the other? Or do you want a menu so you can choose which one to play? Do you want them to play on your computer, or are you trying to run them on a DVD.

The executable files must be located on your drive where the program can find them. It's easier if you put them all in a single folder.

Lin

I want to play two slide show in sequenece, one after the other. I do have both file saved in same folder, and try to play them on computer first. Later on I'd like to run them on VCD.

... I went to slide option/ Advanced tab/ and check the box for "run appliaction after last slide. and then use browse window to pick the slide show I want to run next (exe file). I check the ? box, but I don't understand it. ....

You seem to beon the right track - you should see a menu like the one attached below. Browse through it to find the show you want to run.

post-215-1184434600_thumb.jpg

You seem to beon the right track - you should see a menu like the one attached below. Browse through it to find the show you want to run.

post-215-1184434600_thumb.jpg

I did exact way shown in your message. but it didn't work. Since the second slide show has 140 MB. I wondering if the file size cause the problem.

If you double-click on the filename of the second show in Windows Explorer, will it run OK? Make sure it's has the ".exe" extension.

Also, try renaming it and try it with no spaces in the file name (use "underscores" or "dashes" instead).

Also, as Lin pointed out, if the second show is not already in the same folder as the first, try moving or copying it to the same folder. Make sure the correct address is reflected in "Run application ...." in Proj Ops for the first show. Are you trying to play these shows from a CD? If so, make sure the address for the second show is the correct one for the location onl the CD.

Try opening a different second show to see if maybe the fault lies somewhere within the second show.