WnSoft Forums

Drop Shadow for Slides

JEB

Hi Folks,

Can anyone offer an explanation for a problem I am having with V5 deluxe?

I am trying to put together a show of randomly sized images captured in a variety of aspect ratios 4:3, 3:2, 16:9, some as portrait and some as landscape. I am using a coloured gradient background in PTE and through Objects and Animation, sizing and positioning each image and applying a shadow to that image.

I initially applied the shadow via Project Options – Screen – Additional Options – and ticked “Display shadow behind slide image” and clicked on “Set for existing slides”.

The result is that at the first change from a portrait image to a landscape image the shadow remains as portrait. This continues for about 8 landscape slides, then when the next portrait slide appears, as one would expect, the shadow matches.

Several slides later when a landscape slide appears the shadow changes, as it should to landscape. All is well for a further 25 slides or so where several changes between portrait and landscape take place and the shadow also changes as it should then it all goes wrong for a spell before sorting itself out again.

I have also tried applying the shadow effect via Objects and Animation – Common, to no avail.

I have also tried removing the offending slides and the replacing them into the show but this hasn’t worked.

Could this be a bug or am I doing something wrong.

Any ideas?

Regards

John

BE WARNED – JUST A REMINDER

Because I have a fairly good graphics cards on my machines I often cut corners and don’t down size images when putting a short show together for my own use.

That was my problem!

Even though PTE and my graphics cards could handle transitions very smoothly it was at the expense of the shadow effect.

John