WnSoft Forums

Paused - Resumed fade .... Possible ?

millgate

Hello,

I'm new here and hope this topic has not been exhausted earlier.

I want to be able to run what might be described as a 'pause and resume transition'.

Imagine the need to illustrate a process in which two pictures can describe a change of state in a subject. But the presenter needs to be able to describe what is happening in several stages. In short, the presenter wishes to start a fade ... pause it to say something ... resume the fade ... pause it again for more instruction/description ... start it again; and so on.

The whole slide pair might be on the screen for many seconds; even a minute or two.

Alternatively - simply imagine the need to pause a fade in order to describe the beauty of a particular 'third image'.

I've sensed that P2E has the capability to allow such a special (custom) fade to be created. Am I right and, if so, where can I learn how to do it.

Hi Barrie,

One option would be to use the navigation bar and click on the pause button at the point that you want to halt the transition. This would provide a very flexible approach. You can find this under Project Options, Advanced, Show Navigation Bar.

An alternative assuming you are using version 5 is that you could stack your images in Objects and Animation and lower the opacity of the top layer over time to any level you wish and then hold it at that level before reducing it further. You could then reduce layer one to zero and progressively reduce the opacity of layer 2 to show the third image.

Kind Regards

Peter

I want to be able to run what might be described as a 'pause and resume transition'.

Imagine the need to illustrate a process in which two pictures can describe a change of state in a subject. But the presenter needs to be able to describe what is happening in several stages. In short, the presenter wishes to start a fade ... pause it to say something ... resume the fade ... pause it again for more instruction/description ... start it again; and so on.

The whole slide pair might be on the screen for many seconds; even a minute or two.

G'day Barrie and welcome to the PTE Forum.

This can be done simply be ticking the "Permit control of show using keyboard" which can be found under Project Options>Main tab. This will allow you to pause the show for as long as you wish by hitting the space bar, then when you wish the show to resume hit it again and the show/music etc will restart at the point it was paused. The halt can be done during the third image as you wish as many times as you wish and at any point in the show.