WnSoft Forums

Global Settings

JEB

Hi Folks,

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to set the “Mode” function found on O&A / Common, globally, rather than in each slide independently?

From what I can make out “Fit to slide” is the standard setting.

Obviously I’m using Vs 5

John

Hi John,

Partially. In Project Options, Screen Tab you can set "disable scaling of main images" for all slides which is the same as "original" in the properties tab "mode" but there is no way to set "cover slide" universally that I'm aware of. Of course you have "fit to slide" as a default which would be universal so what we are missing, I think, is a way to set "cover slide" universally.

Lin

Hi Folks,

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to set the "Mode" function found on O&A / Common, globally, rather than in each slide independently?

From what I can make out "Fit to slide" is the standard setting.

Obviously I'm using Vs 5

John

Hi John,

Probably because most input sizes would need reduction anyway unless they were resampled before loading. When we use the originals, just as they come from the camera they will generally much more than fill the screen. There is no "technical" reason why we can't do this except that the image will appear differently in terms of display depending on the screen resolution. So if you use the original without setting it to either "fit to screen" or in the default mode, and the user is watching on a 1024x768 screen and you created the file on a higher resolution screen then what you "expect" in terms of what things will look like will vary greatly. That is the original will look smaller on higher resolution screen displays and larger on lower resolution screens. So any specialized animations you may program would behave differently depending on the user's environment. With the "fit to screen" and default modes, what you see on your monitor will be what the viewer sees regardless of their individual screen resolutions.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin,

That's what I wanted.

Are you aware as to why this is not recommended?

Regards

John

Thanks Lin,

I suspected it had something to do with screen resolution but couldn't have put it as eloquently as you have!

For this project I think I will proceed along these lines though I am still experimenting with a number of other different options of which this is just one.

Thanks for your trouble.

John

Hi Folks,

Can anybody tell me if it is possible to set the “Mode” function found on O&A / Common, globally, rather than in each slide independently?

From what I can make out “Fit to slide” is the standard setting.

Obviously I’m using Vs 5

John

Hi John,

I have had the same problem as you and solved it using Al Robinson's "PTE_Adjustor" spreadsheet which enables you to make global changes to the Mode parameter.

Jeff