WnSoft Forums

Largest image size for pan?

stonemason

What is the largest 768px high image size which can be used for panning. I have a landscape 4096 x 768 which when set to cover slide (fit to slide gives a very narrow image) works fine on pc giving a good pan along the complete image. However if I save to DVD it gives a narrow image on TV screen exactly the same as the fit to slide mode.

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I'm having a bit of a problem trying to sort this out. Do you mean how wide could the image potentially be with a hight of 768 pixels? Actually, if that's the question there is no real absolute limit other than that imposed by your own hardware until you reach the single slideshow 2 gigapixel limit imposed by earlier versions of Windows. For practical considerations I think your pano size is fine.

My suggestion would be to use the default "fit to slide" then enlarge with zoom until it just fills the slide and use that as a minimum during your pan. You could zoom in more but don't zoom out past the point where this fills the screen. I've done many pano's this way and burned to DVD and they worked exactly as in the executable show. Be certain you have the DVD set for 4:3 and not for 16:9.

Best regards,

Lin

What is the largest 768px high image size which can be used for panning. I have a landscape 4096 x 768 which when set to cover slide (fit to slide gives a very narrow image) works fine on pc giving a good pan along the complete image. However if I save to DVD it gives a narrow image on TV screen exactly the same as the fit to slide mode.

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Yes, just set the screen to 16:9 in Project Options then in "Tools" set the TV Safe Zone on so yu can see what will be lost on top/bottom and to each side, then size, pan, zoom accordingly and burn to DVD at 16:9 and it should work perfectly.

Best regards,

lin

Thanks Lin I'll give that a try. One question is it possible to create a 16:9 slide show for DVD using the same method?

best regards

Geoff