WnSoft Forums

Dead time between music files - why?

Roger G D

I have recently updates to v 5 and now find I have a problem with significant dead time being introduced between MP3 files. I have edited the music as wav files and eliminated all original lead in and lead outs then exported as MP3 files. When I have a sequence of these files in the show, I find Pic to Exe has introduced 20-30 seconds of silence between the files when viewed in the time line. (And when played). The work around has been to combine all music into one file and export as MP3 but now I fine about 1 minute of silence added to the end of the file. I am using settings "Play Music Independently" as I want to get the change of slides to correspond exactly with the change of music. One other effect I have noticed is that with the single music file, when I play the show from the timeline window, the sound I am getting from my speakers does not corresponding with the waveform I am viewing so that I cannot really synchronise the slides with the pictures.

I would be very grateful for help in solving this - sorry if it has been dealt with before but I have searched this forum and cannot find a similar question.

Regards

Roger

Later - Just made some more tests and find that the sound track is playing even when there is no apparent waveform so clearly the slides are not syncronised with the sound. But this does mean there is less deadtime between tracks.

Thanks for any help

It may happens if real duration of the first MP3 file shorter than duration written in the header of this file (say damaged MP3 file or incorrectly encoded MP3 file in sound editor).

If MP3 files taken from another source don't give this problem it confirms I've wrote above.

Ron,

Just for your info. Some time ago when I was having problems with sound Igor advised me NOT to use MP3 Pro but to stick to the standard version. I am not sure of the reasons but I believe that mp3 pro is not compatible with all mp3 players.

See http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=40119

Kind Regards

Peter

Roger, try some other MP3 files and/or better yet try a short WAV file to prove the fault to the sound files you are using.

Ron,

Just for your info. Some time ago when I was having problems with sound Igor advised me NOT to use MP3 Pro but to stick to the standard version. I am not sure of the reasons but I believe that mp3 pro is not compatible with all mp3 players.

See http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=40119

Kind Regards

Peter

Hello Peter,

I do not understand why Igor is saying that mp3pro is incompatible - I have been using it for over a year now with absolutely no problems. I produce mp3pro files for broadcasting and find that the quality is perfect (mp3 always sounds 'tinny' with a total lack of bass sound).

Ron

Use Full Screen to Read

Music Track Dead Time

Hi Guys,

Have just been reading the 'Postings' on this subject and having been down that road for many years perhaps my

contribution may be of some help.Viz:-

I will keep this simple:- The Music Industry whether it be Vinyl Disc or CD-Disc adopted many conventions years ago

in this particular case we are talking about the the "Music Track Pre-pause Standard"

If you buy a Music LP-Disc or CD-Disc you will notice "Inter-Track" pauses of some 2 seconds between Tracks.

This is deliberate (subject for another day) ~ If you use Nero Burning or another quality Program you will find many

hidden attributes within these which can cause problems. One such is where the Programs can remove "Silence"

Tracks and another is where they can insert the ISO Standard of 2.Second "Inter Track Pauses" ~ Nero is notorious

for following Conventions ~ perhaps rightly so, but its a pain in the neck at times and I suspect its Rogers' problem ?

The "Attachments" will show you how to circumvent these utilities and get the Files to play as you designed them.

Mp3 Encoders:- There are 2 generic types, the "Lame Mp3 Encoder" and the "Fraunhofer Mp3PRO" ~ the latter is

by far the better in sound quality, but:- It costs money, it obeys the ISO Studio Standards, it can be inflexible and

its usage is 'time limited' and subject to Copyright Licence ~ believe me thats strictly enforced. (Sample shown)

The "Lame Mp3 Encoder" is by far the most flexible, it gives very good results provided a Loudness Filter is used and

provider you have 'ticked' the VBR window (VBR=variable bit rate) its also highly tolerant of us Guy & Gals chopping up

sound files like a Cook.

The important thing about Sound Files, if they are a 'stand-alone File' make sure you have a 'silence lead-In' of around

500ms and a 'lead-out' of about 1sec. If its a contineous file make sure VBR is switched on to accomodate different Mp3 Formats and allow some lead-in/out times.

Brian.Conflow.

Attachments below:-

post-1416-1185886425_thumb.jpg

post-1416-1185886437_thumb.jpg

post-1416-1185886447_thumb.jpg