WnSoft Forums

PTE 101

rainkite

Hi, I'm new to PTE. I downloaded the program a few weeks ago, and I've been dabbling with it...with not much success, I might add. I'm trying to create a very basic slideshow for a client with about 300 images from a special event. I want the images to fade in and out. I've customized the effect to fade...but it only works on the first two pictures. Also, is there a way to make all of the images defalt to fade without having to click on that option each time I add an image? I know these are probably basic questions...but I've already spent hours searching and trying to figure this out. Thanks so much for any help that could be directed my way.

Regards,

Kim C.

Rain Kite Photography

Welcome to the world of PTE and its user forum. You'll find a lot of help here.

If you click on the "project options" button and then select the "effects" tab at the top of the window you will see a couple of little boxes in the upper right corner... one has a check mark in the two boxes, the other doesn't. I'd click on the box that does NOT have any checks to "deselect" all the effect selections in the list below. Then simply check the box "enable transition effects" and select "fade in and out" to make that the transition for all your slides.

Good luck on your project.

Welcome to the forum.

Hi, I'm new to PTE. is there a way to make all of the images defalt to fade without having to click on that option each time I add an image?

Select: Project Option at the bottom of the main screen

Select: Effects tab

Select: double blank icon on the right hand side, (this will unselect all transitions effects)

Select: enable transition effects

Select: Fade In/Out box this will apply the effect to all images in the AV and to any future ones added.

Also at the bottom of this window you can set the duration of the effect on all slides in the show.

Back in the main window of PTE, If you select a slide/slides then select Customise Slide on the middle right of the screen, the effects tab will give the same options but will only be applied to the selected slide/slides and not effect the setting for the whole project.

EDIT to fix spelling.

I should have mentioned in my previous post that there is a tutorial available called PTE 101 made by Al Robinson and I believe it can be downloaded from his site:

http://www.alrobinson.com/av/technology1.htm

It was made for a previous version of PTE but will be of assistance to any PTE beginners.

Just found this link http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7124 about v5 documentation.