WnSoft Forums

Problem burning DVD with moviefactory 5 plus

jimjam23

I am using PTE 5 delux and trying to burn a DVD using Ulead Moviefactory 5 plus.

However Moviefactory does not recognise the ptev file when I try to import it.

I've tried outputting as a straight avi but can't get that to work either ( i've tried several of the different formats listed).

Can anyone help?

Hi Jimjam,

If you have PTE 5 deluxe why don't you use its own DVD burning facility? It's much easier than using another bit of software.

Kind Regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

I have the trial version of Videobuilder and it works ok with that - with the strap line added.

However PTE gives the option of using Moviefactory. I already have this installed so I wanted to use it rather than pay for the registration for Videobuilder. But Moviefactory 5 Plus does not list ptev as one of the files it will import so I am puzzled by this. Has it been dropped from the 5 Plus version?

Regarding AVI output, I have tried creating a custom AVI with full frame format. The file renders out but when I run the avi I find that the video is corrupted. I've tried creating a custom AVI in other Microsoft formats but just get a blank video screen in the rendered avi (apart from Microsoft video 1 which workes but looks horrible). I wonder if anybody else has been successful in creating custom avi files from pte. [i'm using WIndows XP and Windows Media Player 9 - no difference when I load up Media Player 11]

I have tried older version of pte, eg 4.48 and the outcome is just the same.

jimjam,

See this post link:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....hl=Moviefactory

As for Custom AVI :

I suspect its your selection/combination of your currently installed Audio/Video codecs.

There are other forum postings on this subject.

I use the video Xvid Mpeg4 codec and get very good results. When using the Divx 505 codec ... I had to configure the codec to a higher encoding bitrate to achieve acceptable results. So what Im saying here is that when using specified codecs ... you may need to configure them to new settings and not the default to achieve the quality you desire.

jimjam,

See this post link:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....hl=Moviefactory

As for Custom AVI :

I suspect its your selection/combination of your currently installed Audio/Video codecs.

There are other forum postings on this subject.

I use the video Xvid Mpeg4 codec and get very good results. When using the Divx 505 codec ... I had to configure the codec to a higher encoding bitrate to achieve acceptable results. So what Im saying here is that when using specified codecs ... you may need to configure them to new settings and not the default to achieve the quality you desire.

Thanks. That solved the Moviefactory problem - just leave the moviefactory box unticked. The DVD outputs ok now. Great!

I'll look into the codecs you suggest for avi output. Thanks a lot for the advice. A real help.

Cheers.