WnSoft Forums

Transitions

Guest Auser

Guest Auser

Using version 5. I want each layer/photo on a slide to have its own transition. Is this possible ? I have opened the Object and Animation window and added several photos. I then open the customize slide window and select a transition. Then highlight another layer/slide and open its customize slide window and change the transition to what I want but doing this resets all of the photos transitions to the same one. Am I missing something or is this not possible. Is the customize slide option for the main photo only?

Thanks

Not possible. What you do is place each slide in the slide list not in the "objects" list. Then each slide can have its own transition.

You have separate timelines for each object in the "Objects List" and can create your own trnsitions such as fading an object out with opacity, opening a slide via a specialized jpg, etc., at different times, but this really doesn't make a lot of sense. If you can explain what it is you are trying to do perhaps it will be possible to help you find an approach which will work.

It's possible to do some very impressive things with different layers, but layers are not designed as "separators" between slides rather as a way to pass objects in front of or behind other objects (PNG) or have multiple objects in animation simultaneously each with it's own set of animations, even combine slides via opacity differences. At least one show has been created using over 500 layers with each in simultaneous animation, but why would you want to try to use layers as a means of changing slides??

Lin

Using version 5. I want each layer/photo on a slide to have its own transition. Is this possible ? I have opened the Object and Animation window and added several photos. I then open the customize slide window and select a transition. Then highlight another layer/slide and open its customize slide window and change the transition to what I want but doing this resets all of the photos transitions to the same one. Am I missing something or is this not possible. Is the customize slide option for the main photo only?

Thanks

Guest Auser
Not possible. What you do is place each slide in the slide list not in the "objects" list. Then each slide can have its own transition.

You have separate timelines for each object in the "Objects List" and can create your own trnsitions such as fading an object out with opacity, opening a slide via a specialized jpg, etc., at different times, but this really doesn't make a lot of sense. If you can explain what it is you are trying to do perhaps it will be possible to help you find an approach which will work.

It's possible to do some very impressive things with different layers, but layers are not designed as "separators" between slides rather as a way to pass objects in front of or behind other objects (PNG) or have multiple objects in animation simultaneously each with it's own set of animations. But why would you want to try to use layers as a means of changing slides??

Lin

Lin,

Not trying to do anything special. Just playing around with P2E 5. I have a slide that I have added several objects (photos) to. I want each photo to come into view slowly at different times and at different areas of the screen so they are not full screen and eventually they are all on the screen at one time. I get if they were single full screen slides I would just use each slides transition. I just thought instead of fading in using opacity if it was possible to assign a transition. But I get it now that the customize slide options is for the initial slide and not for any objects added.

Like I said just playing around getting used to how things work.

Thanks for helping

Yes, because transitions are full screen operators so if you were to put more than one image on the screen and wanted to use a transition to bring the second or third or fourth image into view, you would need to time it's appearance via the timeline to coincide with the timing of the transition via opacity.

Actually, to do what you have in mind the easiest way I can imagine is as follows: Let's assume you want four total images to appear. Place the first on the objects list and make the other three children of the first. This way when you get them sized and positioned, changing image # one's position or size will correspondingly change the position or size of the other three without affecting their relative spacings. You can apply opacity differences to any of the children so they can be easily made to fade in or out, rotate, etc, independently of the parent but still maintain their respective individuality. See the sample linked:

http://www.lin-evans.net/pte/sampleex.zip

and the PTE file for this:

http://www.lin-evans.net/pte/sample.zip

Lin

Lin,

Not trying to do anything special. Just playing around with P2E 5. I have a slide that I have added several objects (photos) to. I want each photo to come into view slowly at different times and at different areas of the screen so they are not full screen and eventually they are all on the screen at one time. I get if they were single full screen slides I would just use each slides transition. I just thought instead of fading in using opacity if it was possible to assign a transition. But I get it now that the customize slide options is for the initial slide and not for any objects added.

Like I said just playing around getting used to how things work.

Thanks for helping

Guest Auser
Yes, because transitions are full screen operators so if you were to put more than one image on the screen and wanted to use a transition to bring the second or third or fourth image into view, you would need to time it's appearance via the timeline to coincide with the timing of the transition via opacity.

Actually, to do what you have in mind the easiest way I can imagine is as follows: Let's assume you want four total images to appear. Place the first on the objects list and make the other three children of the first. This way when you get them sized and positioned, changing image # one's position or size will correspondingly change the position or size of the other three without affecting their relative spacings. You can apply opacity differences to any of the children so they can be easily made to fade in or out, rotate, etc, independently of the parent but still maintain their respective individuality. See the sample linked:

http://www.lin-evans.net/pte/sampleex.zip

and the PTE file for this:

http://www.lin-evans.net/pte/sample.zip

Lin

Thanks Lin,

This is exactly what I am talking about and I have used the opacity in this manner before. I was just wanting something different and thought if I could use a transition to bring in each photo then that would be pretty neat. Its not big deal though as its not something I would use all of the time. Just curious thats all. Most of my slideshows show just one full screen photo at a time with a little motion occasionally.

Thanks again