WnSoft Forums

A plea to all forum users

Peter S

I know this point has been made several times before but I really feel it is worth repeating.

PLEASE PLEASE use the "Add Reply" button at the top or bottom of the list of posts and NOT the "Reply" button that appears below every post. This will avoid every entry being repeated with every reply and make it much easier to read through the posts.

Another option would be to have the position of these buttons switched but I have no idea how difficult that would be. They don't seem to be in the most logical place to me.

Many thanks

Peter

Peter,

I for one COMPLETELY AGREE with you on this topic ~ its so easy to 'Highlight,Copy and Paste' into a Reply ~ in fact I wish the 'Reply Button' was removed completely as the ADD REPLY Button is more than adequate for the purpose intended !

Brian.Conflow.

I would like to add my voice to Peter and Brians request.

It is a simple task to cut and paste only the section of the previous post your reply is aimed at using the AddReply and not repost the entire post through the reply button.

As the forum is becoming more popular, (due to PTE becoming more successful), the amount of posts per day is growing and efficient posting becomes more important for the forum to continue to function well.

Thanks everyone in advance. :)

I tend to just use the 'FastReply' button at the bottom of the topic though I must admit I hadn't realised the difference between the various reply buttons - maybe others haven't either. Nor have I noticed any particular problem reading the topics or noted any increase in the number of replies where the original or preceding comment had been unnecessarily repeated so I'm not really sure how much of a problem this is perceived to be or what the consequences of it are.

I do however agree that we should all try to avoid overloading the forum with excessive replies...but actually trying to impose rules on how people should use the forum could prove contentious.

I tend to usually use the "reply" button associated with the posting, but I usually delete the portion of the post not applicable to my response. It is useful to have at least a portion of the post repeated since sometimes a thread has more than one question going at a time, and it is useful to know which post one is responding to or commenting on, and who the author was.