WnSoft Forums

Stop Music/Narration on Next Slide

DePretis

Hi all!

First of all, KUDOS to the developers of this incredible piece of software. 10 minutes after downloading, I was creating impressive slideshows...that's a feat for a software moron like myself. If you get this baby to work with a Mac you'll have all of the bases covered (especially since Mac users seem to be more of the creative kind than PC users.)

My question: Let's say slide # 1 is narrated with a 1 minute sound file however my visitor wants to move on to slide # 2 because slide 1 doesn't interest them.

Right now, the sound file from slide # 1 continues to play when I move forward to slide 2.

How do I "kill" the sound (and start another narration perhaps) when another slide is viewed?

This is a basic question I'm sure but I couldn't find any reference to this situation in the FAQ area.

Thanks for your help!

John - from PA in the USA

Hi, John,

Welcome to the Forum!

This is a new twist - usually people ask how to let the sound keep on playing during the following slide. To cut off the narration when the next slide starts, add the narration using the "sound comment" line (on the bottom right-hand side of the main window), and leave "Don't interrupt sound comment when next slide appears" unchecked in "Project Options / Music".

Or, if you want the sound interrupted only when certain slides appear, add the sound file in the "Customize slide" menu, and then check "Play new background music file(s)" in the "Customize slide / Music" menu for the slide which you want to stop the selection playing. You can leave the list of music blank, or you can add new sound which will start up and replace the other when this slide is reached. Hope this helps.