WnSoft Forums

Problem with PTE Deluxe Version

Eric

I have been using PTE for many years and I love the program very much. When the deluxe version comes out, I am so keen to try it out.

Unfortunately, after installing the program, the interface of the deluxe version are not working quite right. All the text labels of the buttons are missing from the interface (see attached screen shot) :( . I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times and it is still not working. I did download the lastest version from the link provided in the website.

Please help.

post-429-1187404069_thumb.jpg

I have been using PTE for many years and I love the program very much. When the deluxe version comes out, I am so keen to try it out.

Unfortunately, after installing the program, the interface of the deluxe version are not working quite right. All the text labels of the buttons are missing from the interface (see attached screen shot) :( . I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times and it is still not working. I did download the lastest version from the link provided in the website.

Please help.

Have you changed your system font? I see oriental characters on your screen.

Just a stab in the dark but I'm thinking system font.

Go to help and support and investigate 'change font'.

Goodluck

Mario

Have you changed your system font? I see oriental characters on your screen.

Just a stab in the dark but I'm thinking system font.

Go to help and support and investigate 'change font'.

Goodluck

Mario

My OS is Window XP Professional Chinese version and I did not change the system font. I am using version 4.48 which supports Chinese OS and it is perfectly OK! Unless the deluxe version does not support Chinese OS, otherwise I don't think it is the "font" problem.

You might try this. Go to the View drop down (fourth from the left between help and slide on the main menu). The third choice from the drop down is language. Try a couple different languages and see if you still have the problem. Since some of the characters are showing it does appear to be a font issue of some type so perhaps changing language might help ferret out the culprit.

Best regards,

Lin

My OS is Window XP Professional Chinese version and I did not change the system font. I am using version 4.48 which supports Chinese OS and it is perfectly OK! Unless the deluxe version does not support Chinese OS, otherwise I don't think it is the "font" problem.

You might try this. Go to the View drop down (fourth from the left between help and slide on the main menu). The third choice from the drop down is language. Try a couple different languages and see if you still have the problem. Since some of the characters are showing it does appear to be a font issue of some type so perhaps changing language might help ferret out the culprit.

Best regards,

Lin

Thank you very much for your help. The interface returns to normal (showing all the text labels) after I have changed the language to English. It was difficult to find the drop down menu since the text on the main menu bar were disappered.

The program defaults the language to Chinese after installed in my computer. The deluxe version seems not to support Chinese charaters (version 4.48 DOES!) although you can choose Chinese in the langauge menu.

All problems solved and thanks again.

Eric.

The reason of this problem in Chinese.ini language file for PicturesToExe.

Version 5.0 requires this file be in Unicode format (not in ANSI).

Please try updated Chinese.ini and ChineseBig5.ini files. Copy attached files to a folder where PicturesToExe installed (usually C:\Program Files\WnSoft PicturesToExe\5.0\) and let me know about result. If it will help, I'll publish updated version 5.04

See attached Chinese.zip archive file.

Chinese.zip

The reason of this problem in Chinese.ini language file for PicturesToExe.

Version 5.0 requires this file be in Unicode format (not in ANSI).

Please try updated Chinese.ini and ChineseBig5.ini files. Copy attached files to a folder where PicturesToExe installed (usually C:\Program Files\WnSoft PicturesToExe\5.0\) and let me know about result. If it will help, I'll publish updated version 5.04

See attached Chinese.zip archive file.

Igor,

Thank you very much for your email. I have updated the Chinese.ini and ChineseBig5.ini files. Since my OS is Window XP Traditional Chinese version, I can only test the ChineseBig5.ini file (Chinese.ini file is for Simplified Chinese) and it is working perfectly okay. Thanks again for your great works!

Eric