WnSoft Forums

Problem with Rename of an image in PTEv5

fh1805

I have just encountered a problem when renaming images in PTEv5. The problem arose when I decided to rename the images that I am using in a sequence that is still work in progress. The sequence has its own folder "Skelton War Memorial" and within that the images have their own sub-folder "Images".

The first four slides were:

BlackSlide.jpg

Remembrance02.jpg

Remembrance02.jpg

BlackSlide.jpg

Remembrance02.jpg was an image that I had copied into the "Skelton War Memorial/Images" folder from another sequence's folder. I wanted to rename this image to something that better reflected its use in the new sequence.

I selected the first instance of Remembrance02.jpg in the Slide List, pressed F2 and keyed its new name SWMTitle and pressed Return. The name of both instances of the image file in the Slide List changed. Everything seemed Ok. But when I tried to Preview the show PTE reported a missing image file.

After some head scratching I saved the .pte file under a new name and opened that into PTE Adjustor (Thanks for this tool, Al). I discovered that, whilst the rename on the first instance of Remembrance02 had been fully propagated into the .pte file, the rename for the second instance had not been fully propagated. The second instance was the Main Image of an animated image that had one piece of Text animated to fade up over it.

It would appear that when renaming slides, if there is any animation involved then the rename isn't propagated into the O&A information within the .pte file.

I am wondering whether this is a bug or a limitation of the current version.