WnSoft Forums

Trouble with Timeline

norrie

I am having finger trouble with the Timeline. When I create a simple slide show, say 5 slides and no music, then open the Timeline, I can see the slide representations at the correct transition spacing, but when I press the Play Button nothing happens. I can see the little blue triangle under the timeline but there is no vertical blue line. Have I got something set up incorrectly ? Any help would be much appreciated.

Ken is correct - you need to add some music in order to preview on the timeline.

Thanks Al & Ken for your prompt reply. I thought I needed a music file to be added before this function would work.

However the reason for my question is that I have been reading (on & off) Jeff & Lin Evans' User Guide and on page 18, top paragraph, it gives the impression you can run the Timeline and view the Preview Pane without adding music.

I thought perhaps I was missing a trick. However if music needs to be added so be it.

You can slide the blue arrow across the timeline and see your images and transitions manually, but you can't use "Play" unless you have something (music) to actually play. Use care that you precisely select the blue arrow and don't accidentally move the block beneath with the "number" on it.

There may be a bit of confusion possible because of the fact that the word "timeline" is used in two different ways in PTE. The timeline which you access via the Main screen deals specifically with synchronization of "music" or "audio" with the images. The timeline you see from the Objects and Animations screen deals only with images and keypoints where changes in the state of the image or "animations" of some type are programmed.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Al & Ken for your prompt reply. I thought I needed a music file to be added before this function would work.

However the reason for my question is that I have been reading (on & off) Jeff & Lin Evans' User Guide and on page 18, top paragraph, it gives the impression you can run the Timeline and view the Preview Pane without adding music.

I thought perhaps I was missing a trick. However if music needs to be added so be it.