WnSoft Forums

Why?

cici

Hi to everybody,

A friend of mine has got these two problems:

1°) - She can not open any picture with the default graphical program when right clicking on them in PictureToExe V5 or V4.

2°) – Opening a V4 project with PictureToExe V5, adding a new picture:

a) – by double clicking: she sees the picture at normal sizes by clicking on it in the main window but in preview it appears just at 20% .

B) - by “add” button: she sees the picture always at 20% of normal sizes.

I thank you in advance for your replies.

Sam,

1. You have to first ensure that your Windows operating system selects that particular image editor as the default. In other words, whenever you double click on a jpeg file, it opens up in that editing program.

2. I'm not sure what you mean by this. Try selecting an image the same aspect ratio as that of the monitor, and in "Project Options / Screen" select "Fullscreen", and set the "Aspect ratio" to that of the image and see if that changes anything. You may also have to open the O&A "Common" menu and ensure that the mode selected is "Fit to Slide". Version 5 works differently from version 4, depending on the particular mode you have selected. Hope this helps you and your friend in experimenting with the various v.5 settings.

Sam,

You have Posted to the Forum many times before and you say that your friend is using Pte.4 and Pte.5

but as you know (from reading other Posts) its impossible to answer those 'questions' without first

submitting more Data:-

1) What PC is she using ? ~ What Operating System ? ~ What RAM Memory does it have ?

2) What Image Format is used ? ~ What Graphics Program is used ? ~ What Video Card ?

As you are aware - if Readers have that data - then I'm sure you will get a helpful response.

Brian.Conflow.

Hi Al,

1. You have to first ensure that your Windows operating system selects that particular image editor as the default. In other words, whenever you double click on a jpeg file, it opens up in that editing program

Yes Al, we already tryed it and whatever jpeg file which is clicked on, opens in the default editor.

2. I'm not sure what you mean by this. Try selecting an image the same aspect ratio as that of the monitor, and in "Project Options / Screen" select "Fullscreen", and set the "Aspect ratio" to that of the image and see if that changes anything. You may also have to open the O&A "Common" menu and ensure that the mode selected is "Fit to Slide". Version 5 works differently from version 4, depending on the particular mode you have selected. Hope this helps you and your friend in experimenting with the various v.5 settings.

This problem happens only with a PTE project. The new added images have the same aspect ratio as the monitor and I could already correct the problem just as you suggest ( I had to change the ratio from 20% to 100% in "Project Options/Screen). But I couldn't understand why for that particular project the new added images were opend at only 20% of the actual sizes

I thank you for your reply,

Best regards

Sam

Sam,

You have Posted to the Forum many times before and you say that your friend is using Pte.4 and Pte.5

but as you know (from reading other Posts) its impossible to answer those 'questions' without first

submitting more Data:-

1) What PC is she using ? ~ What Operating System ? ~ What RAM Memory does it have ?

2) What Image Format is used ? ~ What Graphics Program is used ? ~ What Video Card ?

Hi Brian,

I'm not sure that this problem is depending on the operating system, Ram memory, Image Format, Graphics Program or Video Card, and that's why I did not mention them.

My friend is on holidays for a few days and I do not know too much about these data, but

operating system is Windows XP professional.

Image Format: Jpeg

For sure Ram memory, Video Card are good enough as V5 is well running on her PC

Default graphics program: unknown by me

If necessary I'll post more data next week

Sam

Sam,

Have you so forgotten your own post made below : :o

Hy GeePee

Normally, PictursToExe allows to open pictures (by right clicking on them) in your default graphic editor.

But if your default graphic editor is not (anymore) your preferred on, you can make this change:

Open the INI Files of PicturesToExe

Main

GfxEditorPath=C:\PATH AND NAME OF YOUR NEW PREFERRED GRAPHIC EDITOR

Hope this helps

The v5 Apr.ini file is now located in XP here:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PicturesToExe\Versions\5.0\apr.ini

Note: Making this GfxEditorPath setting in the Apr.ini does not alter/change Windows Explorer-File Type default Open File settings. This setting is only useable in PTE/Open Picture.

Sam,

Have you so forgotten your own post made below : :o

The v5 Apr.ini file is now located in XP here:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PicturesToExe\Versions\5.0\apr.ini

Note: Making this GfxEditorPath setting in the Apr.ini does not alter/change Windows Explorer-File Type default Open File settings. This setting is only useable in PTE/Open Picture.

Hi nobeefstu,

Of course I didn't! And I did try it. But her Ini files (in V4) were quite different from what I was expecting!

"Normally, PictursToExe allows to open pictures (by right clicking on them) in your default graphic editor."

But this does not happen and that's what I should like to understand!

I thank you for giving me the location of the V5 INi in XP: I did not now it.

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply ~ It looks to me that the problem is with the 'Graphics Editor' and its set-up.

No apology for asking those 'questions' now at least we know what PC we are dealing with and on

reflection, that PC and its Graphics Card are well up to the job in hand with Pte.5xx.

Back to the Graphics Editor ~ I have a suspicion that this has been set to 'Web Default Format'

and every time you RH.Click an Image it opens the Editor in that format. Its very unusual but there

are some Graphic Programs which can be set so, examples:-

* "MGI Photosuite" (old '95 Program) I still use it for direct Cut/Paste and Script insertion.

* "Picasa" now owned by Google ~ AutoWeb Image Formatting is a feature of this Program.

* "Cam2 PC" is another one, and it can be set-up to Web-Image Format. There are many more.

If you write down the 'origional image sizes' and get 20% of each dimension, you are very near to

the standard Web Size formats shown below.

Let me know how you get on...

Brian.Conflow.

post-1416-1188211810_thumb.jpg

Hi Sam,

It looks to me that the problem is with the 'Graphics Editor' and its set-up.

I have a suspicion that this has been set to 'Web Default Format'

and every time you RH.Click an Image it opens the Editor in that format.

If you write down the 'origional image sizes' and get 20% of each dimension, you are very near to

the standard Web Size formats shown below

Hi Brian,

thank you for replying.

Maybe you are right, but I think that if it was true, she 'd get the picturtes any time at 20% of the original dimensions. But this strange behaviour happens only with one special Pte Project. I solved the problem the same way suggested by Al (Alrobin)., and my post was to try to understand what looks like to be a single case.

After her holidays, we'll check your suggestion and I'll let you know.

Thanks again

Sam

Sam,

Bear in mind, that for this particular Show, had the JPegs Images been 'tagged' by the Program to

open in Web Format, then thats exactly what the Photo Editor will do. There are ways to circumvent this,

but I must say, I have been caught out many times with such settings...just keep it in mind !

Brian.Conflow.

Sam,

Bear in mind, that for this particular Show, had the JPegs Images been 'tagged' by the Program to

open in Web Format, then thats exactly what the Photo Editor will do. There are ways to circumvent this,

but I must say, I have been caught out many times with such settings...just keep it in mind !

Brian.Conflow.

Ok Brian, I'll keep it in mind and... check.

Thank you

Sam