WnSoft Forums

Screensavers

rodeoshooter

HELP!!!

I have a customer who has purchased several screensavers from me. I created the screensavers through Pix2exe which creates a .scr file extension. The customer would like to have the screensaver rotate through all of his screensavers he purchased from me.

I walked him through "display properties" then to "Screen Saver" where I directed him to choose the "My Pictures Slideshow". The computer rejects this by stating there are no acceptable files in the folder.

How do I get the scr file extensions to be viewed in a rotating mode. The files will show up when I have him put the files in the Win XP root directory but will not rotate. You can only select one of them at a time.

Thanks,

Al

COULD you

make 1 big exe of all shows where you

project options/advanced /check the run application after last slide

and then rename it to __.scr

dont know how you link multiple exe's but you could start there -- one of the other members might be able to add to my suggestion

you could just make them a large exe and set it up to run until esc is pressed

ken

Al and Ken,

Screensaver Files are special System Files with extension .scr ~ These Files are usually hidden from view as they are part of the Op.System and reside deep down in C\WINNT\System32 and also within Upgrades such as those within C\WINNT\ServicePakFiles\i386 and also C\WINNT\SystemFiles...very dangerous territory !!

Each and every one is a single 'Op System executable' and they CAN'T be run in Slideshow Mode for the reason that the Microsoft Start Screen and many other Microsoft Screens are in fact Screensavers.

However there is a 'pseudo-way' of doing this by creating a "special .scr" which triggers an external Exe which may be run as a pseudo 'ScreenSaver-Slideshow' ~ very much like the Object Editor in PTE.

You would need someone experienced in Microsoft Code to write a small routine embedded within an .scr Image to do this job for you. The File size is about 150kB without your (external) ScreenSaver-Slideshow.

Brian.Conflow.

PTE scr files are just renamed executables. The easiest way to do what you want is to put all the scr files in a folder together then rename each to "filename.exe"

Next create an invisible menu. I discribed this in a previous post in the tutorials section. Essentially what you do is create a slideshow with as many slides as you have executable files to be sequenced. The best way I know is to use a very small jpg image and repeat it in the slide list once for each exe show you want to run. Set the time for the "display" to one second and set each slide to run a different executable show. When you have it all working then just set the opacity attribute in the O&A section for each slide to zero. Set the menu to repeat until "ESC" is pressed and click the hardware acceleration off for this "invisible menu". Execute this invisible menu and your renamed scr files will execute in a serial fashion until ESC is pressed twice. Once to end the executing slideshow and again to end the invisible menu.

Lin

HELP!!!

I have a customer who has purchased several screensavers from me. I created the screensavers through Pix2exe which creates a .scr file extension. The customer would like to have the screensaver rotate through all of his screensavers he purchased from me.

I walked him through "display properties" then to "Screen Saver" where I directed him to choose the "My Pictures Slideshow". The computer rejects this by stating there are no acceptable files in the folder.

How do I get the scr file extensions to be viewed in a rotating mode. The files will show up when I have him put the files in the Win XP root directory but will not rotate. You can only select one of them at a time.

Thanks,

Al

Lin,

Just to avoid confusion and clarify a small item for the Readers,

You said Quoted:-....PTE scr files are just renamed executables. The easiest way to do what you want

is to put all the scr files in a folder together then rename each to "filename.exe"....

I know that Lin means...'Put all your Personal ScreenSavers in a Folder'....However be very careful:-

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES put an Op.System Screensaver in this Folder.

I make this point to avoid Reader mis-interpretation of Lin's suggestion.

Brian.Conflow.