WnSoft Forums

How to Add music

Martin_E

Hi Guys, I am a new user to PtoX Delux 5.0

I have such a basic question I feel silly asking it, How do I add music to my finished slide show, this is driving me mad :angry: . I have picked on the Project Options (No 3) Adding Music, I have added my .wav file but nothing happens, when I pick show music duration it shows 0.0 What am I doing wrong? Can someone please help.

Thank you in advance.

Martin

Hi Martin,

It sounds like you are doing it correctly, but probably don't have a good .wav file for whatever reason. Typically, I would suggest converting the .wav file to .mp3 but either will work fine.

Try a different music selection and see what happens. Essentially it must show up in the list. The fact that you see zero on the time duration tends to make me think it's a problem with either not really being added or it's a defective file with no real content.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Guys, I am a new user to PtoX Delux 5.0

I have such a basic question I feel silly asking it, How do I add music to my finished slide show, this is driving me mad :angry: . I have picked on the Project Options (No 3) Adding Music, I have added my .wav file but nothing happens, when I pick show music duration it shows 0.0 What am I doing wrong? Can someone please help.

Thank you in advance.

Martin

Hi Lin,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me with your advice, when I double click on the .wav file it opens and plays ok in Windows Media Player. I have never needed to create a .wav file before so could you confirm I have created it correctly. Put CD in player and it opens in WMP and lists the song Titles, I pick on Rip and select .wav When I look at this Rip music track is created in my folder there's no .wav suffix so I added it on the end so Pic2Exe couple find it ok. Or is there a better way That works.

Martin,

Hi Martin,

It sounds like you are doing it correctly, but probably don't have a good .wav file for whatever reason. Typically, I would suggest converting the .wav file to .mp3 but either will work fine.

Try a different music selection and see what happens. Essentially it must show up in the list. The fact that you see zero on the time duration tends to make me think it's a problem with either not really being added or it's a defective file with no real content.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Martin,

That explains the problem. If the program didn't put the .wav extension on the file created, it's not really a .wav file and PTE won't play it. Apparently Windows Media Player knows which format it "really" is and plays it but PTE hasn't any idea which is why even though you have an extension ".wav" it's not recognizing the format.

I can't tell you exactly what the problem is, but what I will do is post a link to a zipped file containing both a .wav and .mp3 file of the same song. Try using the song I provide to test the function in PTE. If it works for you, then what remains is simply to get a program which will "properly" rip the CD to a good .wav or preferably good .mp3 file. Here's a link. Try this as both the .wav and .mp3 files. If they work let me know and I'll give you some further suggestions for a program to properly rip the CD to get working .wav and .mp3 files. File size about 45 megabytes for download:

http://www.lin-evans.net/pte/trythis.zip

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me with your advice, when I double click on the .wav file it opens and plays ok in Windows Media Player. I have never needed to create a .wav file before so could you confirm I have created it correctly. Put CD in player and it opens in WMP and lists the song Titles, I pick on Rip and select .wav When I look at this Rip music track is created in my folder there's no .wav suffix so I added it on the end so Pic2Exe couple find it ok. Or is there a better way That works.

Martin,

Hello Lin,

I Ripped the file again making it a mp3 file this time and manually put .mp3 at the end and it works fine now. Thanks for you helpful advice.

Martin

Hi Martin,

That explains the problem. If the program didn't put the .wav extension on the file created, it's not really a .wav file and PTE won't play it. Apparently Windows Media Player knows which format it "really" is and plays it but PTE hasn't any idea which is why even though you have an extension ".wav" it's not recognizing the format.

I can't tell you exactly what the problem is, but what I will do is post a link to a zipped file containing both a .wav and .mp3 file of the same song. Try using the song I provide to test the function in PTE. If it works for you, then what remains is simply to get a program which will "properly" rip the CD to a good .wav or preferably good .mp3 file. Here's a link. Try this as both the .wav and .mp3 files. If they work let me know and I'll give you some further suggestions for a program to properly rip the CD to get working .wav and .mp3 files. File size about 45 megabytes for download:

http://www.lin-evans.net/pte/trythis.zip

Best regards,

Lin