WnSoft Forums

Use of Navigation Bar - Does not override auto settings

mightec

Let me explain, I wish to use the Navigation bar to control the speed of the slideshow. I have checked the 'Permit Control of Show using Keyboard' and the 'Show navigation Bar'. However when I run the show, the auto timings set in the Main Tab 'Time Interval for New Slides' still controls the show and the next slide appears before I want to move on. What am I doing wrong?

Ken

I had done that, but I would have thought that the show would start with the first slide in the pause postion and then you would you have to press play to move to the next slide, clearly this isn't the case.

Hi Mike,

There are two ways to do what you want. One way is a complete manual show without transition effects via the "pause" control button on the Navigation Bar - the other is to set longer default times on the Projects Option and apply to each slide.

When you click on the Pause button (the parallel lines) it changes to an arrow. If you don't click on it again but use the double forward or double back arrows buttons, the slides will advance or go back one at a time but without any transitions. In other words you now have a strictly manual slide show which just shows the slides and holds each slide for as long as you avoid clicking on the arrows.

If you set the timing for each slide for an extended period (as suggested by John) then you can have the animations and transitions for each slide as well. Of course the other way is to click on Pause (as Ken suggested) between slides then click the Pause off before proceeding.

Best regards,

Lin

Let me explain, I wish to use the Navigation bar to control the speed of the slideshow. I have checked the 'Permit Control of Show using Keyboard' and the 'Show navigation Bar'. However when I run the show, the auto timings set in the Main Tab 'Time Interval for New Slides' still controls the show and the next slide appears before I want to move on. What am I doing wrong?

... I would have thought that the show would start with the first slide in the pause postion and then you would you have to press play to move to the next slide, clearly this isn't the case.

Mike,

If you customize the first slide with "stop at the end of this slide", then it will hold until you click on the nav bar or activate the next slide with a mouse button (provided you have set the show up that way).