WnSoft Forums

Question -Can Pics2exe capture movie clips also?

mrpat

Question -

I'm looking for a program that will allow me to make slideshows that include both photos and the little short movie clips I can save on my Olympus 8080. Movie Maker doesn't recognize the .mov extension that the olympus creates and when I converted the .mov files to mpeg or AVI and tried it only movies of a couple seconds long would insert into the slide show.

Will Pics2exe accept .mov files of up to two minutes and allow me to intersperse them into the photo slide show? Once inserted will the soundtrack I've got going overwrite the sound on the movie clip? Or can I choose to stop the soundtrack and allow the movie sound to play awhile and then fade back into the slideshow music?

I already bought one program that didn't work and want to avoid disapointment again.

PS - some folks have suggested that my 2003 Dell w/ a Pentium 4 CPU - 1.8GHZ - 256 MB of RAM is just to old - do I need to upgrade my computer to do this stuff.

Thanks - Mr. Pat

Hi Pat,

Because of the high resolution hardware rendering PTE doesn't support drop-in movie clips. You may want to look at Proshow Gold or Proshow Producer by Photodex which supports dropping in movie clips. I can't answer you question about the sound track but if you go here there are probably people who can:

PicturesToExe is more oriented toward the professional presentation with high resolution animation.

http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/

and here to try Proshow:

http://www.photodex.com

Best regards,

Lin

Question -

I'm looking for a program that will allow me to make slideshows that include both photos and the little short movie clips I can save on my Olympus 8080. Movie Maker doesn't recognize the .mov extension that the olympus creates and when I converted the .mov files to mpeg or AVI and tried it only movies of a couple seconds long would insert into the slide show.

Will Pics2exe accept .mov files of up to two minutes and allow me to intersperse them into the photo slide show? Once inserted will the soundtrack I've got going overwrite the sound on the movie clip? Or can I choose to stop the soundtrack and allow the movie sound to play awhile and then fade back into the slideshow music?

I already bought one program that didn't work and want to avoid disapointment again.

PS - some folks have suggested that my 2003 Dell w/ a Pentium 4 CPU - 1.8GHZ - 256 MB of RAM is just to old - do I need to upgrade my computer to do this stuff.

Thanks - Mr. Pat