WnSoft Forums

How do I change the soundtrack

jb76006

I have PTE Deluxe 5.0.

1. I added a .wav music successfully to a portion of my PTE Project. It appears in the Timeline View. But now I want to change it but I don't know how to remove it. I have even removed it from the Customize Slide screen. Yet it still appears in the Timeline.....and plays.

2. I added other music (mp3 file) to another part of my slide show. It plays ok too, but does NOT appear in the Timeline View. Why not? It does appear in the Customize Slide view which is where I added it.

Thank you. :(

Welcome to the world of PTE A-Vs and the user forum JBB, you will find lots of friendly help and advice here.

1. I added a .wav music successfully to a portion of my PTE Project. It appears in the Timeline View. But now I want to change it but I don't know how to remove it. I have even removed it from the Customise Slide screen. Yet it still appears in the Timeline.....and plays.

Try Project Options > Music tab here you should have an entry of your .wav file. Click on the clear button then OK to remove it.

2. I added other music (mp3 file) to another part of my slide show. It plays ok too, but does NOT appear in the Timeline View. Why not? It does appear in the Customize Slide view which is where I added it.

It's my understanding that PTE currently only displays sound files added in the Project Options > Music tab in the timeline.

You will find Lin and Jeff's excellent PDF USER GUIDE very useful if you haven't already had a look at it. You can find it under the Tutorial section of the forum. Reading it will save you hours.

Welcome to the world of PTE A-Vs and the user forum JBB, you will find lots of friendly help and advice here.

Try Project Options > Music tab here you should have an entry of your .wav file. Click on the clear button then OK to remove it.

It's my understanding that PTE currently only displays sound files added in the Project Options > Music tab in the timeline.

You will find Lin and Jeff's excellent PDF USER GUIDE very useful if you haven' already had a look at it. You can find it under the Tutorial section of the forum. Reading it will save you hours.

Thanks, John. That took care of it. Never thought to look there. So I guess Project Options is to be used primarily when there is one sound track for the whole show, whereas the Customize Slide option is for adding specific soundtrack into specific slides. G'day mate.

Thanks, John. That took care of it. Never thought to look there. So I guess Project Options is to be used primarily when there is one sound track for the whole show, whereas the Customize Slide option is for adding specific soundtrack into specific slides. G'day mate.

As a general practise, yes.