WnSoft Forums

Non latin Symbols in picture FileNames (PTE 5.04 trial)

FE.

Hi,

Does PTE works with picture files with non-latin symbols in а filename ? Or what should i dо?

I've tried to use a picture files with cirillic letters in names, as result - in preview mode PTE can't find the file-slide with "Image not found ..."error , but all represented correctly in another panes (including timeline window).

BR Fedot.

As developer of PicturesToExe, I use cyrillic symbols in filenames sometimes and it works. But currently PicturesToExe only partially supports Unicode and PicturesToExe will recognize cyrillic symbols in filenames only if current locale in Windows is Eastern Europe or Russia.

p.s. Once created slideshow as EXE file will play anywhere even if you used cyrillic symbols in filenames of images/music.

1. Filenames with Chinese characters are not recognized by PTE. The file is displayed with question marks in the character locations, and the file is not recognized as a picture image.

I use Lupus Rename for batch file renaming, but it also does not recognize Chinese characters.

So...unless someone has a working idea--I guess I just can't use Chinese characters in filenames for now.

2. PTE does not allow Chinese characters in Comments or text Box objects.

What you can do is create a PS image using the symbols you like and use that.

3. PTE does everything else I can think of, so we can live with that for now :)

jk

admin1, JudyKay Thanks fo reply.

Of course, my current locale is Russia (sorry 4 my english:).

When i try to build EXE from picture seqence what contain russian filenames, PTE show error message and hang's up (screenshot in 1-st attachment).

In Preview mode all pictures with cyrillic symbols substituted by PTE generated slide with "Image_not found:" message(screenshot in 2-d attachment), latin-named pictures are represented in Preview Mode correctly.

I think it's a trial version limitation or bug.

post-5449-1193209555_thumb.jpg

post-5449-1193209578_thumb.jpg

• 4 years later...