WnSoft Forums

Install issue, or is it XP issue??

DarknessUK

I had to rebuild the PC my dad uses for his photo work. XP machine with the two of us having accounts on it, me as admin and him as reduced user or whatever the term is.

As I normally do, I was logged in as myself and then installed PTE, which starts up fine for me and even putting in licence key worked a treat.

However, when I login as my father to use the software, first noticed no icon on desktop, searching and running the .exe produces errors and it will not start.

Selecting the "Run as" function, it will work fine for my father if he then selects me from the "Run as" pop-up, and puts in my password - not what I want!

What did I do wrong to not allow my father to login and use the software?

I have always logged in as myself on the PC before, installed the software and my dad has had no issues, what did I do this time?

Thanks.

And if the PTE 5xx option doesn't work for you, you can always open the PC.Control Panel.

Start Button--->Settings--->Control Panel--->Users--->Create a 'Power User Client' for you

Dad with his own 'Password' and Admin user permissions. This does not give him Full Admin

permissions. While you are in there you can 'edit-out' other non-user accounts or 'duds'

Brian.Conflow.

something to think about -- a while back forget where i read it the husband/wife had set up a system where the husband/wife could not do certain things and it caused all sorts of problems

not only with system but also with family

trust your DAD :)

ken

I agree Ken ~ but the Lad seems to own the PC ~ Lets not "open" that can of worms, not even in jest !~!

Brian.

AAAhh Shucks Ken,

One has to be diplomatic about these things and what better way than to

suggest a compromise not fuel a conflict ~ Now I plead the 5th Amendment,

nothing more to say. :rolleyes:

Brian.