WnSoft Forums

Confusion over versions of P2E

jacobdj

I am a registered user of P2E.

A few days ago I downloaded what I thought was supposed to be a trial version of P2E 5.0. (apr-deluxe.zip) which I assumed included a trial of the new DVD burning software.

After installing I clicked on Help/About and it showed I had been upgraded to version 4.48. I cannot find anything relating to DVD burning software which I wanted to try with my Plextor PX760A. I understand that the DVD burning software will cost me $20 if I want to purchase it, but I would like to try it before buying. If I cannot do that, I would at least like to know if it supports my hardware burner.

Thanks,

Dennis Jacobsen

Hi Dennis,

Apparently you downloaded the latest iteration of version 4 (4.48) rather than version 5. You can download version 5 from several sources here. Of course the upgrade to 5.0 is a free upgrade as are all future upgrades for the base PTE product, and as you correctly assume the Deluxe portion is carries a $20 fee.

When version 5 is installed it doesn't overwrite your previous version but creates a new icon which plainly says PTE 5.0 (on the icon). You may as well go ahead and download the beta of 5.1 which is very stable so you can see the newest features. You can do that from the forum here:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7500

Best regards,

Lin

I am a registered user of P2E.

A few days ago I downloaded what I thought was supposed to be a trial version of P2E 5.0. (apr-deluxe.zip) which I assumed included a trial of the new DVD burning software.

After installing I clicked on Help/About and it showed I had been upgraded to version 4.48. I cannot find anything relating to DVD burning software which I wanted to try with my Plextor PX760A. I understand that the DVD burning software will cost me $20 if I want to purchase it, but I would like to try it before buying. If I cannot do that, I would at least like to know if it supports my hardware burner.

Thanks,

Dennis Jacobsen