WnSoft Forums

Create AVI no longer working for me in 5.0

Crickets

Allright, this is my first try at making an AVI file since 5.0 was released. No problems in the past.

Now however all I can get is Audio and no video. Before you remind me about keeping the window/P2E open while doing any additional (burning or what have you), let me assure you, that is not the problem.

so heres what I do. (Ive tried multiple things)

I select "create avi file"

Attempt 1.) Choose DVD-Video Disk. --> Create AVI --> It then creates it but its just a file with Audio, no video.

Note: Clicking "Preview" has the same result a short preview with Audio, no video.

Attempt 2.) Choose create custom AVI video file. --> Choose a codec (PTE codec has same result as doing "option 1", the others ill expand on shortly) ---> Create AVI ---> same result as option 1.

Note again: "Preview" results match up with the "Create" results. Sound/No Video

++ Watching the bar as it encodes it never mentions "Encoding Video". All it says is "Encoding Audio"...

Yet more notes: The only way I can create a Video is by choosing "custom AVI" and selecting either "Cinepak Codec by Radius" or the MPEG4 Codec. Both of these create files with video and audio however they both kill the video quality to an extremely poor level, no matter the compression level chosen.

Also I have paid for the deluxe upgrade and was given a key that does not work to reg VideoBuilder....but thats another story, still waiting to hear back from wnsoft.

I really need to finish this slideshow asap for work. Weeks of work have gone into it...and now im stuck :/

Help...please :/

one more thing. I have the AllinOne Codec pack. So that shouldnt be a problem, and have no problems with viewing downloaded AVIs etc.

This problem is the same on 3 different machines, 1 laptop, 2 desktops.

all running XP SP2 + latest upgrades/high end video cards.

Crickets,

Hopefully your upgrade key issue gets resolved soon. That way you can burn directly with Video Builder and avoid the old way of creating a DVD.

Attempt 1.) Choose DVD-Video Disk. --> Create AVI --> It then creates it but its just a file with Audio, no video.

Note: Clicking "Preview" has the same result a short preview with Audio, no video.

When did you install the 'AllinOne Codec pack' ? Since you had no problems in the past ... this install possibly may be promoting the issue.

Attempt 2.) Choose create custom AVI video file. --> Choose a codec (PTE codec has same result as doing "option 1", the others ill expand on shortly) ---> Create AVI ---> same result as option 1.

Note again: "Preview" results match up with the "Create" results. Sound/No Video

The PTE Codec does not create standalone avi files ... you have to use your MPEG4 codec or Cinepak for this type of file.

And yes, the quality of these codecs varies ... but they dont match DVD quality output.

**What version of PTE v5 are you currently using ? Ive seen posts of some users having issues burning DVDs with the new V5.1 Beta 3