WnSoft Forums

Newbie question, fade to and from black

johnnydrz

Hi everyone, I'm wondering what the simplest way to do a fade to black between pictures, is. Do I need a "black" picture? Is is simply in the application of the fade in/fade out? ...can't put my finger on it...sorry...

Also, I created aninitial 10 picture-project but when I try to "visualize" it, I get a message saying: "picture missing" with the name I gave it, but that picture is in there. I checked in my directory, and it's the exact same name. Can't figure that one out either right now...

I'm sure I'm just missing something real simple but....help.

Thanks a million,

Johnnydrz

Hi Johnny,

Welcome on the forum and in the wonderful world of PTE. ;)

About your problem, didn't you rename the image, move it in an other folder or didn't you rename the folder in which your picture is ?

What you can do is to try to find your image manually.

do the following :

- in main window of PTE, select the slide with the problem (I guess it's slide #1)

- click on "objects and animation" button.

- in the "objects" window, select the image which has the problem (if PTE can't find it, it replace it with a blue rectangle "Image not found")

- in "properties" tab (upper right of the screen), click on the folder icon (= foldericon.gif) and browse your HD to find the image you want to display.

It should work.

Good luck. :)

It worked !!!! Thanks !!!

....now about the fade to black between pictures, (transitions) do I need to insert a black frame between all of my pictures? And set different times for the actual pic for let's say 5 sec. transition of 1500msec. black for 500msec, and so on???

Thanks again,

Johnnydrz