WnSoft Forums

Music and Transitions stutter

Bananaman

Hi, I'm new to this forum and to PTE5.

However I have successfully produced a few shows with music. Suddenly I can't seem to do this successfully any more. After the first slide transition the music begins to stutter and the transitions become "choppy" :( . I have not made any changes to the system and have tried everything that I can think of. I have a 2.66GHz processor and 2GB RAM. Can any one of the experts give me a hint?

Welcome Bananaman,

Additional details would be helpful. Please supply info on your images used:

-image size kb/mb

-image dimention/resolution size

Also:

-Screen Resolution of monitor

-Video card details

Thanks Nobeefstu,

I'm using compressed images with approx. 300kb. My Videocard is a GeForce4 MX.

Compressing the image size to about 40Kb works but ofcourse the quality is pretty lousy.

In the mean time I figured the problem out: I just needed to get the newest driver installed for the Video Card and pronto: It works fine!

Now I have a diffrent problem: the preview and the EXE file do not playback what I have done on the time line. both the preview and the exe seem to overwrite my timeline settings with standard times. Am I just too stupid or have I overlooked something?

Bananaman,

Your GeForce4 MX is a 64 mb video card ... it is not suitable to deliver the higher performance graphic needs of animations and other capabilities that PTE version 5 requires. Your GeForce4 MX can best perform the standard/simple effects. You are quite restricted/limited in use of all features available in PTE version 5 because of your current video card.

From PTE FAQ's :

For slide shows with Pan/Zoom effects:
PC with 1.4 GHz CPU, 256 MB of system memory, video card with 128 MB of video memory.
Windows XP, Vista, 2000, 2003, Me, 98 or 95.
DirectX 8.1 or later.

For slide shows created with simple effects:
PC with 500 Mhz CPU, 64 Mb of system memory, any video card.
Any version of Windows

As to your new problem ... most likely your timeline settings of your simple effects are beyond the graphic performance of your GeForce4 MX to deliver smoothly.

* Make sure the Project Options | Screen tab | Hardware Acceration (D3D) checkbox is disabled. This setting is for higher end graphics performance.

Bananaman,

Your GeForce4 MX is a 64 mb video card ... it is not suitable to deliver the higher performance graphic needs of animations and other capabilities that PTE version 5 requires. Your GeForce4 MX can best perform the standard/simple effects. You are quite restricted/limited in use of all features available in PTE version 5 because of your current video card.

From PTE FAQ's :

PC with 1.4 GHz CPU, 256 MB of system memory, video card with 128 MB of video memory.
DirectX 8.1 or later.

Any version of Windows

As to your new problem ... most likely your timeline settings of your simple effects are beyond the graphic performance of your GeForce4 MX to deliver smoothly.

Bananaman,

From PTE FAQ's :

DirectX 8.1 or later.

Any version of Windows

* Make sure the Project Options | Screen tab | Hardware Acceration (D3D) checkbox is disabled. This setting is for higher end graphics performance.

Nobeefstu,

I didn't read to the end <_< After unchecking the Hardware Acceration checkbox everything is working just fine :lol:

Thanks for saving me !!