WnSoft Forums

Bug in PTE 5 Videobuilder

davegee

I believe that I have found a bug in PTE 5 / Videobuilder.

In a “Window Mode” show 1024x768 I inserted an image which was 768 pixels high “panoramic” format to perform a PAN effect. When such an image is viewed in “Objects and Animation” it is initially “Fit to Slide” and is shown with a black line at the top and bottom of the image. In order to perform the pan I converted the “MODE” to “ORIGINAL” and the image then fitted the height of the window. Keyframes were added to perform the PAN effect.

So far so good!!

The PREVIEW and the EXE file created from this setup performed as expected – a pan from left to right filling the window according to the settings of the Keyframes.

However, when an ISO file is created from this show the panoramic panned slide is shown as if it were still “Fit to Slide” i.e. with a black line top and bottom and a black line to the right at the beginning of the pan and black to the left at the end of the pan.

The ISO file and the DVD made from it IGNORE the “ORIGINAL” mode command.

I have noticed this happen on a previous occasion so it is not just this show. I got around the problem by leaving the MODE set to “Fit to Slide” and adjusting its height using the grab handles.

It seems that when using the ORIGINAL mode unexpected results can occur when the show is converted to a DVD.

DaveG

Dave,

I wouldn't recommend use "Original" size mode for objects, especially for DVD-Video. When we render DVD-Video we render it at larger size for further post-processing.

In your slideshow please set "Cover slide" mode (instead "Original") and it will look exactly as you want.