WnSoft Forums

Music won't synchronize with slide show

corbens

I have just created a slide show of a friends wedding consisting of 167 slides and music with a duration of 11:42 minutes. I have ticked synchronize music with slides in the main project options, and have tried adjusting the effects duration, but the music comes to it's end about 20 seconds before the slide show finishes. Can anyone tell me how to overcome this problem please?

Hi Corbin,

To make the slides and music correspond perfectly click beside "auto spread slides along music" The only other way to be certain that they perfectly correspond is be certain that the length of the music equals the length of the slides and effects.

In a case where you want different lengths of individual slides, it's sometimes necessary to use a stopwatch to time the slideshow then either adjust the length of some individual slides or take your music into an editing program like the freeware Audacity and add or delete some time or use additional music.

The "easiest" way is to check the "auto spread slides along music" which will perfectly synchronize the music to the slides and effects.

Best regards,

Lin

Just an update, I've just adjusted the the effect duration down to 1000 ms and now the slide show finishes before the music. I am using Deluxe 5.1

Hi Lin,

I'd like to join this dialogue, hopefully to the benefit of the newer users of PTE. Since joining the forum I've noticed this point about synchronizing music and images crop up in posts on more than one occasion. I think there is, amongst the newer users, misunderstanding about the "Synchronize slides and music" check box. No, I know there is because I've been asked at my own photo club "why doesn't ticking this box cause PTE to find the musical emphasis points and put a slide change at each one?" (Now there's a challenge for Igor and his band of wizards!!)

I've just taken a look at your PTEv5 User Guide to see what it had to say about the "Synchronise slides and music" check box. I quote: "This by itself doesn't automatically spread the timing of the slides to fit the music, but rather provides the program with the intent of the user to synchronize

slides and music."

If all it does is signal "intent", isn't this pointless? If it has no function perhaps Igor should remove it? For the record, I set up all my projects with this box ticked irrespective of whether they have music associated or not.

For the sequences without music, there doesn't seem to be any adverse effect of having this box ticked.

What would be the effect of leaving the box unticked when a music file had been assigned via Project Options? (I'd do the practical test myself but all my current projects are "illustrated lectures without music" and I don't want to screw up any of the older projects by experimenting cos I believe in "if it ain't broke don't fix it"!)

Can you, or anyone else, enlighten me as to what this check box's setting actually does within PTE?